This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New guy from PA, not a cub owner ...yet

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
jmcguire
10+ Years
10+ Years

New guy from PA, not a cub owner ...yet

Postby jmcguire » Sun May 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Hello all, allow me to introduce myself, My name is Jim 33 years old...and i am becoming more and more interested in being a cub owner. Now i live in the suburbs of Philadelphia, no need for a tractor at all other than I like to tinker on things and I am looking for a new project. I have been in the military for 14 years now, ejection seat mechanic... currently work for the PA Air Guard.... I am very mechaincal minded.... good with tools and so on.. I have done engine work, rebuilt chains saws... all sorts of things.

I recently finished my project car... a 1974 Corvette Stingray ... with a factory 454..... and have found... I don't quite get along well with that "corvette" crowd.... some guys are OK, others are too stuffy for me

me being a country boy at heart...... feel that maybe I can find my calling in restoring a tractor! I enjoy cutting and splitting firewood.... outdoors stuff and maybe one day I'd like to have a small farm, 50-100 acres and just hobby-farm for the family...

I like to shoot shotguns ( skeet, trap ect...), I live running a chainsaw.... cutting wood... or just rebuilding them. I am a die hard coleman lantern collector.... I have almost 150 of them from all the years!!!

I have my idea that I was a 56-59 cub lo-boy.... i just like the style of them... they look large enough to have fun on, small enough to keep in the garage

well, there it is, my into... hope no one fell asleep
Last edited by jmcguire on Sun May 04, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New guy from PA, not a cub owner ...yet

Postby Barnyard » Sun May 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Jim! I think you'd enjoy restoring a Cub. Everbody here is very helpfull in their own way. A standard Cub will suit you just as well as a Lo-boy. Either one will fit in a garage very well. You should try to attend a Cubfest and get to meet some of us. You would be surprised at what you can learn.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

jmcguire
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jmcguire » Sun May 04, 2008 9:06 pm

thanks for the wecome..... I'd liek to make a cubfest---- if ones close enough and before I deploy overseas again....
Jim
A-10 Aircraft Mechanic, wood splitting fool, country boy at heart. Its not broke, i am sure i could rebuild it!

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun May 04, 2008 9:09 pm

Jim,

No way, didn't go to sleep at all. Welcome!!! Some of the nicest people you will ever meet are members of this forum. Some are in a situation similar to yours, they live in the city and are they having a ball working/playing with Cubs. I'm sure they will be along soon to welcome you as well.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun May 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Jim, here are the dates and places. See if anything fits your schedule.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun May 04, 2008 9:17 pm

Barnyard wrote:Jim, here are the dates and places. See if anything fits your schedule.

Hey, Bill! You forgot the link and I'm computer-challenged!

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun May 04, 2008 9:27 pm

welcome aboard, lot of vets here!

jmcguire
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jmcguire » Sun May 04, 2008 9:32 pm

John(videodoc) wrote:welcome aboard, lot of vets here!

yeah, its something to be only be 33 and a "vet" of several campaigns already..... nothing like what Army and marine folk face, but we each make our sacrifices...
Jim
A-10 Aircraft Mechanic, wood splitting fool, country boy at heart. Its not broke, i am sure i could rebuild it!

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Mon May 05, 2008 12:44 am

welcome to the forum jim :D :D PA seems to have lots of cubs i'm sure you'll find one to your liking. the coleman collection would be something interesting to see. good luck
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Postby Joe Malinowski » Mon May 05, 2008 4:51 am

Welcome to the forum, as you have been told already this is a great site and you will meet great people here. I have a BMW I am finishing up I feel the same about the forum I found on Beemers very upity. This is my favorite site have made many new friends, good like finding a cub.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

jmcguire
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jmcguire » Mon May 05, 2008 6:23 am

well, i missed a nice 1957 Loboy on ebay, locally it sold for $2000, bummer!!!!!
Jim

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Bill Hudson » Mon May 05, 2008 7:42 am

jmcguire wrote:well, i missed a nice 1957 Loboy on ebay, locally it sold for $2000, bummer!!!!!

Jim,

You will get lots more opportunities. I understand that it is hard to be patient. :) :)

Bill
Bill

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Mon May 05, 2008 4:11 pm

jmcguire wrote:well, i missed a nice 1957 Loboy on ebay, locally it sold for $2000, bummer!!!!!

Welcome aboard, Jim. A '57 Lo-Boy would be nice. Would like to have one myself. You'll notice I have two Lo-Boys. I've had the '60 for nearly 25 years. Have always loved it. Be patient, yours will come along.

I've always wanted a '63 split window Corvette. When I was in Marine Corps boot camp at San Diego in 1969 there was a bunch of them advertised in the local paper for $1,600 - $1,800. That price was way out of my league then just as today's prices are now. Besides I'm like you, I wouldn't fit in with the crowd anyway.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Mon May 05, 2008 4:40 pm

Welcome to the best darned forum on the whole WWW, Jim!!! You will find that the folks here are very good at feeding your addiction to cubs to the point that you JUST GOTTA HAVE ONE... Be patient, though. The right tractor will find you...not the other way around. I am one of the folks who lives in the city (albeit a much smaller one than Philadelphia or its suburbs), and I have found ways to use my tractor and to play with it. I have a regular cub, and I can say that either will fit in your garage with not too much problem. You have expensive tastes!! Seems that the year tractor you seek are some of the most sought after years for that tractor. Don't worry, though... they are still out there waiting for you to come and restore it!

Enjoy the forum, and good luck in your search!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Mon May 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Welcome Jim
I don't thank you will find anyone here that is big headed. They are the greatest people anywhere. You will see when you get your cub that everyone will be here to answer any question you might have. So get that cub and dig in and enjoy. :) :)
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

Return to “Introduce Yourself”