This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My Fence Post Puller Project Worked !

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

My Fence Post Puller Project Worked !

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:58 pm

I finished my post puller gizmo from scrap & cut-offs at work. Pulled all the posts today!! It worked rather well. I have a great neighbor who helped and I got to stay on the tractor to position it and work the touch control. Most of the posts were buried 2 1/2 feet. Once they budged the first little bit it was just a matter of working the fasthitch up and down to get a new bite on the posts till they were up & out ! It still amazes me how much I can abuse this thing with jobs it was never meant for. Ok, looks like the "cleaning" crew isn't gonna make it so I guess my break is over. Time to go pick up all the little pcs. of fence rail and stuff.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tglass
10+ Years
10+ Years

pictures

Postby tglass » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:41 pm

have you got any of the post puller. sounds like something I need to make.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:15 pm

marion:

Ditto, would be nice to have pics, narrative and a sketch of this gizmo. What are the chances huh????
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Oscar Meier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Oscar Meier » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:15 pm

I don't have a fast hitch; but, I do have a front blade. I leave the hydraulic blade lift bar on the tractor all the time. I have a short length of 1/4" chain and a clevis pin thru the hole in the end of the lift bar.

To remove a fence post, I pull up to the post with the lift bar down on the front axle. Pull the clevis and wrap the chain around the post as tight as possible and then put the clevis back thru the bar and the ends of the chain. Hit the hydraulic lift to raise the blade lift bar and pull up the post about 6".

Granted this process takes a few lifts to pull the post; but, there is almost no operator work and it pulls the post without damage. (Works on metal post better than wooden ones) I got the idea from my harbor freight post puller - I just got tired of jacking out post by arm power - The old Cub saves my arm again.

Oscar
48 CUB & 52 Super A

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

How about the reverse?

Postby allenlook » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:40 pm

Is there any kind of post hole digger available today for the Cub - or was it so rare that they're just not around any more? And, would it even be worthwhile if the PTO only drives it DOWNWARD, and you can't unwind it in the event it gets jammed under a flat rock?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:45 pm

Allen, so far as Inknow the only post hole diggers are old and very rare. I understand they had a place to put a wrench on the shaft to back them up if they became stuck.

Oscar, What about using the rear rockshaft to pull posts. If the fence was still there you might need to make a foot or two extension, but you could attach a small chain to the rockshaft and just reach back from the seat and give it a few loops around the post and lift it without gettin off. I'm lazy by nature.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”