This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Looking to be a new 240 utility owner (nothern IL)

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
veener79
10+ Years
10+ Years

Looking to be a new 240 utility owner (nothern IL)

Postby veener79 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi,

I am looking to be a new International tractor owner but I need some help and not sure if this is the right place to post but thought it might be. What I found was a 240 International on a local farm for sale where the farm is up for sale. Today I talked with the owner it started off at $3000 for the tractor with a front loader plus more for the attacments. A 7' mower deck, a 4' brush mower deck, and a leveling blade. Looked online and I had a hard time finding prices. This tractor is in good shape and found out he replaced the rear tires and still has a good rear spare. Also the clutch has been replaced. I went back from looking online and about $1700 is what was looking about right in price but I did not know all the work he had done before thinking that price. Well he came down to $3000 for everything now but he is going to think about it and he wants me to call him up latter this week to work on price. He knows when we sells the farm he can not take it with him. From the work done on it my father is thinking $2200 for it all I am thinking about $2500 for it all. What we are going to be using this tractor for is cutting our 8 acers of lawn and work around the house and moving snow in winter.

Can you help me on what I would be a good price to pay for this setup? I do not want to low ball the guy but I do not want to get ripped off either. Thanks for your help and I hope I will be a new owner soon. If it is like our 1969 Interational 3/4 crew cab truck it should be a fun to have.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Re: Looking to be a new 240 utility owner (nothern IL)

Postby LiL' Red » Wed May 07, 2008 9:43 am

Without seeing the tractor price is difficult to determine. In my area that package would be gone in a heartbeat at $3000 assuming it is in decent condition. They are nice little tractors!
Go to Tractorhouse. com, tractors under 40 HP, intrnational, pick 240. Let me know how this compares to what you are looking at.

flyawa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66701
Tractors Owned: .
1 1948 Cub
2 1950 Cubs
1 1951 Cub
1 1952 Cubs
1942 Farmall H
1939 Ford 9N
1930 John Deere D
1941 John Deere B
1948 Allis Chalmers C
1956 Farmall 400
1945 Chrysler Airport Tug
Location: KS, Fort Scott (S.E. Kansas - Home of the people of the south wind; the Kansa)

Postby flyawa » Wed May 07, 2008 11:23 am

Around here that would be about right. They are desirable to the small land owners and urban wanna be's and are a lot of tractor for the money. I'd say if you got it for $2500 - You Win~! :o
"Maintain thine airspeed lest the Earth rise up and smite thee"

veener79
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby veener79 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Well worked out a deal. Getting it for $2350 with everything. Had a problem with the truck with the trailer plug so going to try and pick it up the end of the week or Saturday.

BTW where is there a good place for parts for this tractor? I want to get all the sheet metal that needs to be replaced ASAP before it get to hard to find.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”