This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My Farmall 140 radiator is leaking

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
hatchet
10+ Years
10+ Years

My Farmall 140 radiator is leaking

Postby hatchet » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:20 pm

My radiator is weeping on the front side, at the top seam. I intended to remove it and take it to the radiator shop. This is the problem, I can't find the drain cock to empty the radiator or is there one to start with? The potatoes are waiting, help!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: My Farmall 140 radiator is leaking

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:29 pm

There should be a drain plug in the block under the carburetor
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:38 pm

David Bennett wrote:There should be a drain plug in the block under the carburetor
David

And a second one, probably in the inlet elbow.

NawlensGator
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby NawlensGator » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:42 pm

Front lower left find the lower hose going from radiator to engine. There is a cast metal piece with a hose on radiator side, and one on the engine side. There is a hole in the frame just below the rear elbow of this cast metal piece. Look up through this hole and find a 7/16" square head threaded plug which is the radiator drain. Remove this plug and the radiator will drain. Be warned it may by hard to get out. I drained 3 tractors recently through this plug and had to use a 'bolt out' tool I got at Sears. Replaced all 3 plugs with brass plugs.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”