This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

possible project

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rpiantanida
10+ Years
10+ Years

possible project

Postby rpiantanida » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:28 pm

Newbie I am, I posted this on the wrong forum, not knowing it was an "A".

Hello gents,
I have been driving by a house with an old cub parked outside and finally found the owner. He permitted me to look it over and take pictures. I can't seem to find a serial plate like the one on my cub lo-boy. There is a faded image on the left side that reads "1945 Super A". It appears to have been painted on by someone. The numbers 8638-DC are stamped into the left side of the trans housing. Also, the numbers "25108" are stamped into the block behind the oil filter housing. Any help identifying her? I'm a newbie and looking for another project. I have 36 pictures I can share but don't think I can post them here.

Ray

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: possible project

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Ray - sounds like you've run across an A or Super A. E-mail me a couple of the pictures and I'll upload them for you.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

rpiantanida
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rpiantanida » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:34 pm

I will do that. Thanks

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Ray - looks like you found an A - with a big ol' cracked block!

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

rpiantanida
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rpiantanida » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:25 pm

You have confirmed my suspicion on the block. I will have to see if a block can be had around here before I consider it. Thanks again, Bigdog.

Ray

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:51 pm

Howdy neighbor!!
One heck of a project you are looking at! :shock: Although the sheetmetal is in not that bad of shape for how old it is and being left outside, there are many other obsticles with this tractor. Depends on what you are looking to do with this tractor (parade/show or mowing/garden), to me would greatly depend on weither or not it is a viable project. With it being an 'A' and not a Super A, the hand lift will be a pain in the rear for gardening, especially with no rear lift. I'm assuming it to be a Mag ignition, with no lights or generator, with hand start only, not a bad thing, but may get old depending on your physical condition. The front tires are shot, rear rim that can be seen looks bad as well. If looking for a parade/show tractor, there are not many of the early 'A' tractors left around these parts. Great look of nostalgia with the hand lifts. Engines from A's, B's, BN's, Super A's, and Super C's will work on this tractor. Plenty of Super A's around.
But, with all that said, usless this is one of those deals where the owner says; "I don't care what you do with this thing, I'm tired of looking at it, please get it off my property", I would have to pass on this one. Way too many other machines around these parts.
Hope this helps.

rpiantanida
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rpiantanida » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Thanks, Raymond. My zeal to find another project is getting the best of me. I probably need to pass this one by.

Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253

Postby Pony Master » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:08 pm

I would have to pass on this one as well unless it was free. That block is nasty looking.
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.