This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub cadet clutch noise

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cubkid
10+ Years
10+ Years

cub cadet clutch noise

Postby cubkid » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:12 am

hi, my cub cadet 1535 makes some noise from the clutch sometimes when driving it. sometimes it makes the noise when the clutch is out and in neutral. I think the clutch might not be adjusted right..because when i want to stop and change gears and the pedal is all the way depressed, it still moves in gear (until I take it out). so does anyone know how to adjust the clutch on a cub cadet? also, is it normal for some grinding to occur when shifting into a gear? any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:47 am

I don't know much about the non-IH built Cub Cadets that were built by the MTD owned Cub Cadet Corp, but you can get any of the service manuals you might need from Cub Cadet. Is the model you have a shaft driven or belt driven tractor? The clutch on shaft driven models can be adjusted with adjustments to the linkage from the pedal to the release arm, provide there is nothing broken/bent/missing, or worn excessively.

cubkid
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cubkid » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:21 pm

Yes it is shaft driven, and what I found out is that the drive shaft is hitting some kind of plate that is attached to the clutch pedal because it moves a little when its depressed. Hopefully theres just some kind of adjustment needed to move this plate a little bit or something.

yeah, this isnt a new cub cadet, its from 1990 with a Kohler 15 horse power 2 cylinder engine.

cubkid
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cubkid » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:15 pm

i had the tractor looked at by a buddy of mine who works at a repair shop and it needs a throw out bearing.

Return to “Cub Cadet”