This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lights lights let there be lights!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Lights lights let there be lights!

Postby Donny M » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:29 pm

After wiring up 49-1 I truned on the lights and nothing, nada, zip. I disconnected the lights and checked the voltage, about 6.1 volts. I checked the lights, they were fine. I then measured the voltage at the battery and it read 6.3 volts. Hum at first I suspected the switch as it's quite old (55 years or so) for a switch, but I stopped at the fuse. The fuse was good but the holder wasn't. Cleaned up the contacts with bear hair, put the fuse back in and turned on the lights. I now have lights 8) 8) The ammeter reads about 5 amps and 6.42 volts at mid throttle. This is the only Cub I have with the 6 volt system so I'm not sure this is correct but it sure sounds good to me :!: :D :D :D :D

If I was going camping...I'd be happy :lol: :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:41 pm

Corrosion on the fusholder is a common problem, I suspect that the corrosion along with the dificult acces when hydraulics were added was a contribuiting factor to the change over to the dash mount. Now that you have it clean use some silicone grease on it to prevent it from oxidizing again. I suspect you have some available.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:45 pm

Yep,

DC4. Great stuff :!: :!:

Thanks John

Return to “Farmall Cub”