Re: Quilts ?

Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Denny ('60 Lo-Boy) wrote: It cost about $400 dollars to make, not counting the time it took. I love to quilt, not only for the beautiful product, but also it is a great stress reliever.
Candy

Candy,
Since my wife quilts as a business, I am glad to see that some folks out there understand how much money and time is involved. A high quality quilt takes time to make and materials are not cheap. A lot of people think about those that are made in China and think all quilts should be priced accordingly ! Not !!

:{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:
Last edited by Mr E on Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:15 am

Mr E wrote:
Denny ('60 Lo-Boy) wrote: It cost about $400 dollars to make, not counting the time it took. I love to quilt, not only for the beautiful product, but also it is a great stress reliever.
Candy

Candy,
Since my wife quilts as a business, I am glad to see that some folks out there understand how much money and time is involved. A high quality quilt takes time to make and materials are not cheap. A lot of people think about those that are made in China and thing all quilts should be priced accordingly ! Not !!

:{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:

Just goes to show You get what you pay for

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:04 am

I was on the wat to Bill Hudson's pig roast and found the quilt rack that I've been looking for.It took a year.Yard sale to boot.$15.00.Can ya belive it.Got home and put my dads quilt on display,instead of sitting in a closet.My parents were in town and got to see it on the rack.Sometimes ya have to wait for the right deal.Need to find the local quiltting club and get involved.Kevin :twisted: :twisted: ps I knew Ellen had been on this post hahaha!!!

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi, these are a couple of tied quilts that I (cubsarah) recently made. One I embroidered the front.ImageImage

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:21 pm

My wife has been quilting for several years. She has made 50+ quilts. We have pictures of 40. Did not keep a record of some of the early ones or repeat designs. She has hand quilted almost all of them. She made this one for me in 1994.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.