This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A touch control (HELP)

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
maurice
10+ Years
10+ Years

Super A touch control (HELP)

Postby maurice » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:00 am

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.One ram of the unit would not work ,so put new o rings in both rams,the same ram still did not work,have now inspected all the valves and o rings and can not see anything that is causing the problem.Quite often when useing it in the field in the past it would malfunction, but a .few up and down movements with the touch control lever would fix it. I have the touch control unit stripped down at the moment ,any help would be really appreciated.
This is my first post in the club and am enjoying reading all the posts.
Cheers from NewZealand.
Maurice.
Better to have tried and failed than to not have tried at all.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Super A touch control (HELP)

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:54 am

I cannot answer the question directly, but if you go to Rudi's manual server ( http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html ) and click on Blue Ribbon Manuals, the Touch control manual covers both cub and super A
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:17 am

I would sudjest you take a close look at the check valves and or the preasure regulator valve or the safety valve. If one cylinder is working then you know that you have a problem with the others valveing system. Be sure that you have all the parts removed. Sometimes everything looks to be removed but there are possibly sme hidden items that need checking.If you dont have a manuel on the unit I would sudjest getting one so that you know the parts are installed correctley. I have taken touch controle systems apart to find parts installed backwords causing the same problem your having.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:09 pm

Maurice:

Yup, the manual server. There are a couple of resources.. for Letter Series Tractors on the server. Not a lot, but some. For instance in your case there is the Super A and Super AV pages. Also, the GSS-1024 Touch Control Service Manual as mentioned above works. Hope these suggestions and links are of some help to you. Welcome aboard mate :!: :D

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

maurice
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby maurice » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Thanks very much for the posts, much appreciated,will replace all o rings on valves and see what happens.Have looked at the touch control plans and they have been extremly helpful.When i fix the problem i will inform you of post the results :D
Better to have tried and failed than to not have tried at all.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”