This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Jumps out of gear

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Jumps out of gear

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:11 pm

I have a 154 that I have restored. My goal was to have all the options available on My tractor. It has creeper gear, three point, and dual brakes. I purchased the creeper from a fellow on another forumsite. When it arrived the shifting fork was eat up but everything else was fine. I had a machine shop fabricate a new one out of plate brass using the remains of the original as a pattern. The problem is the darn thing wants to jump out of hi range. This happens more when it is under a load like pulling a box blade and you hit a bump or irrgular spot of ground. where can I find a new shifting fork for a 154 creeper assembly? Thanks GT :(

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Jumps out of gear

Postby BigBill » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:29 am

Jumping out of gear maybe the detent with the ball and spring. Thats the only thing that holds it in gear.

Go To; www.partstree.com

Then click on; "cub cadet"

Then click on; "international harvester"

Then click on; "farmall cub & int cub loboy tractor"

Then click on; "154 cub loboy tractor"

Then click on; "Reduction Gaer Box"

Then look at #23, #24, #25 & #22 its the detent setup that i'm talking about. You may need a new spring.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Thanks I will try that. That is a cool site. Almost as cool as this one. GT :{_}:
BigBill wrote:Jumping out of gear maybe the detent with the ball and spring. Thats the only thing that holds it in gear.

Go To; http://www.partstree.com

Then click on; "cub cadet"

Then click on; "international harvester"

Then click on; "farmall cub & int cub loboy tractor"

Then click on; "154 cub loboy tractor"

Then click on; "Reduction Gaer Box"

Then look at #23, #24, #25 & #22 its the detent setup that i'm talking about. You may need a new spring.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:42 pm

We have a few ways to get the unknown answered. I ask here most of the time and the cub guru's help out a lot. For a pic on what to look at I find that partstree is a good place too. I have most of the manuals but my wife cleans up my mess all the time and there in the blackhole somewhere. I still unpacking in my garage after the move to the new house from 2 years ago. I hope to be finished soon and have all my parts numbered and labled on what shelf there on in a log book. Time is short winter is comming faster than normal. It was cool this morning and it felt like fall already. I think its going to be an early winter. Remember late spring means early fall, we did have a really late spring. The rain hasn't left yet. If it stays on the wet weather pattern thru the winter we better get our plows and blowers in great shape soon. You just may need that creeper...
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:29 pm

Well I apprciate the thought but down here in southwest Oklahoma we don't generally need snowplows. Now what I could use is a plow to push up the down tree limbs from the Ice storms or we could just wait for the wind to blow them away. One time several years ago I was in Clearwater, FL for a class. The folks down there are a little diffrent. My wife and I were in the elevator going up to our room and this little gal said "hi where are you from?" That kind of startled me cause she was the first person who didn't glare at me or flip me the bird that week. I told her we are from Oklahoma. She says "Oh Oklahoma you have SEASONS in Oklahoma" I smiled my warmest okie smile and looked down into that purty blue eye that she had tatooed on her forhead and said "why yes ma'am we have SEASONS in Oklahoma. We have TORNADO SEASON, DROUGHT SEASON, RAINY SEASON, GRASSFIRE SEASON, AND ICE STORM SEASON. and some years they happen all at the same time." I hope y'all dry out soon but around here any rain in July is a good rain! I better shut it off or I'll get moderated thanks I really enjoy this site!! :lol:
BigBill wrote:We have a few ways to get the unknown answered. I ask here most of the time and the cub guru's help out a lot. For a pic on what to look at I find that partstree is a good place too. I have most of the manuals but my wife cleans up my mess all the time and there in the blackhole somewhere. I still unpacking in my garage after the move to the new house from 2 years ago. I hope to be finished soon and have all my parts numbered and labled on what shelf there on in a log book. Time is short winter is comming faster than normal. It was cool this morning and it felt like fall already. I think its going to be an early winter. Remember late spring means early fall, we did have a really late spring. The rain hasn't left yet. If it stays on the wet weather pattern thru the winter we better get our plows and blowers in great shape soon. You just may need that creeper...

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:59 pm

We have people moving to CT from New York City now bigtime. I was fishing lastnite when a few cameby to see the beaver in the pond. I thought it rather odd at first then i figured it out that they never seen a beaver nor wildlife its new to them. Just wait till it snows here. We had a few move out right away after the winter months here back to the city.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:59 pm

BigBill wrote:We have people moving to CT from New York City now bigtime. I was fishing lastnite when a few cameby to see the beaver in the pond. I thought it rather odd at first then i figured it out that they never seen a beaver nor wildlife its new to them. Just wait till it snows here. We had a few move out right away after the winter months here back to the city.

Tell me about it. Back in the 30's when the Okies moved to California and set up shop All was well. But the old families who stuck it out are now at the mercy of the Okie's grandchildren. They are coming back in droves. They will sell their homes in CA for a fortune and move out here where the land is relativly cheap. I read somwhere that a nice house in California could bring 2 million. With 2 millon a person could live around here like the Squire himself. That translates into higher land prices....Not values just prices. In 1997 I bought 260 acres with 80 acres of bottom land a barn and some ponds. Prettuy decent fences but it was pretty grown up. I gave 600 an acre and people FREEKED OUT grandpa said I would never get it paid for. He was right You can't put enough cows on a place that small with that kind of debt service and pay for it in 15 yrs. Last year I sold it to the millionaire next door for 1150 an acre. And they wonder why the banks are failing. What gets me is they tear out good fences and put up pretty plastic ones. My people moved here in the 1850's at the point of a bayonet. Since then we have seen Boom bust cycles every 30 years or so. But now when it busts there will be an empty brick home on every 1/4 section that drives the price up above production. I'm kind of worried about the financal future. O well my stuff is paid for and I always have my low boy to farm the garden with. GT :lol:

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:13 pm

I just moved to a more country setting 2 years ago and it took me 1 year to sell my house. I lost 75k on the old place as the bottom started falling out but i had enough left to pay off the new place so i'm even. I'm happy i sold the old place just intime. My old place cost me 29k in the 70's and was worth 300k 1 year before i sold it for 225k. I really want a small farm but with the prices so high its almost impossible. Most of the farm land here is grabbed by developers. Then its as little as 1/4 acre to 3 acre building. I'm almost ready to pack it up in CT and head to VT where there is more cows than people.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:49 pm

BigBill wrote:I just moved to a more country setting 2 years ago and it took me 1 year to sell my house. I lost 75k on the old place as the bottom started falling out but i had enough left to pay off the new place so i'm even. I'm happy i sold the old place just intime. My old place cost me 29k in the 70's and was worth 300k 1 year before i sold it for 225k. I really want a small farm but with the prices so high its almost impossible. Most of the farm land here is grabbed by developers. Then its as little as 1/4 acre to 3 acre building. I'm almost ready to pack it up in CT and head to VT where there is more cows than people.

Around here we call them "weedettes" that is too big to mow and too small to grow. I am happy for you though. People wern't made to live like rats in a box. I really dislike cities. Not that I am an unwashed bucolic clod or anything. i happen to have a the finest education that a land grant college can provide. I studied fencing and acheieved a masters in BOTH hog wire AND barbed wire. Cows are nice. Just remember they have a brain that weighs about 2 pounds and all that it thinks about is: Eating, Crapping, making baby cows, and how she is going to get into your neighbors tomatoes!! yall come see me! :bellylaugh:

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”