This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I aint no sissy, but

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

I aint no sissy, but

Postby DanR » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Next Thursday I'm going to Nashville to have 3 stents put in. I believe in the power of positive thought and a nod from my Cub friends sure would help. Hope to be up and runnin' in no time. Thanks ya'll.
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

H. L. Chauvin
Team Cub
Team Cub

Re: I aint no sissy, but

Postby H. L. Chauvin » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi Dan,
Maybe not everyone will answer your call for a nod in writing; but usually people who have hobbies, (whether it be Cubs, dogs, horses, vintage vehicles, or whatever), are mostly sincere, humble people that care about others.
So if you count the numbers of those who review your message, please rest assure that they can place themselves in your shoes, respect your courage, & do offer you their best wishes.

Hope this helps!
H. L. Chauvin

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:02 pm

Good luck to you Dan, prayers are already sent!! You should be up and about in no time. Hope to see you up here at Docfest again.....

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:26 pm

Go for it Dan. I have never had the procedure but I know plenty who have and they are a lot more active now than before. And don't be afraid. Keep the positive thoughts and you will be fine. I had an angiogram a few years bact that scared the H outta me. Everything was fine and I would not fear it if I had to do it again.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:32 pm

Dan - our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:16 pm

Thoughts and prayers from dry, dry, dry, Texas. Oh, did I mention dry :?: Dan, you'll be in and out in no time at all, it's more scary getting to the hospital these days :wink: :D

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Dan: Keep that positive attitude. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Dan

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Prayers from here also. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Dan,

Best of luck to you. I've had several stents installed, all successfully and without problems. I'm sure yours will be the same.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Thoughts and prayers from Betty and I.
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:42 pm

No sweat. When I had my little heart episode 3 years ago they put a tiny stent in me. I missed 4 days of work. Only thing that held me back was waiting for the artery in my let to heal. I had to be careful for a couple of weeks. Absolutly no pain and they gave me something to relax me while I was having the procedure. I slept thru most of it. You will feel a lot better after it's done. Good luck and keep us posted.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Cecil wrote:Only thing that held me back was waiting for the artery in my let to heal. I had to be careful for a couple of weeks.

Definitely.

I've been cardiac cathaterized twice. The only difference between this and getting a stent is that they didn't put in the stent. The rest of the poking around, measuring restictions etc. is the same. I didn't have a week warning before the procedures, maybe overnight. The worst part is the entry wound down south. You will not want to cough. If you have to, forget about covering your mouth, put some direct pressure on the wound!

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:33 pm

We will be thinking of you here in Va Dan, hope all turns out well
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:58 pm

Dan:

Btw. this is where this really belongs, for as you say... "I believe in the power of positive thought and a nod from my Cub friends sure would help.", then this is it.

Well, I am no sissy either, but I can tell you that I was very very afraid after my massive coronary event 4 years ago. I have never had stents .... a bit too far gone for that procedure, but from what I understand and from the testimony of a few of our friends here, it is basically like a catheterization. That was easy, like standing on your head easy... interesting too!. I was awake for the procedure, they gave me a little something to ease my nervousness and anxiety, then stuck the catheter up the A-line in my right wrist. I watched as the little camera travelled all the way to my heart.. and of course I got to see the blockages. I was lucky, they like my veins and arteries.. they are kind of pronounced, so I never had to have the entry wound in the groin. Course, that would have been a piece of cake compared to the foot long section of vein they removed from my right inner thigh... now that sucker hurt a mite :shock: :oops: :censored:

Aside from the reaction to ALL of the blockages,.. :big what: the doc said that my reaction was normal for those who have severe cardiac disease, but for the vast majority of those patients who would end up with a stent/stents implant procedure, the strongest reaction was intrigue.. as in wow this is kinda cool to be able to see your own heart.

So, I guess what I am saying is if you are at all curious as to how and what goes on inside the old ticker... this is like the Apollo landing but in inner space and you gots a front row seat. Relax, lay back, and enjoy the scenery. Do take it easy ok, and try to concentrate on the positives. You are going to feel soooooo much better after the procedure.

Our prayers will be with you and your family as you undergo this procedure. Keep us posted, and try to look at it as a grand adventure.. :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:52 pm

DanR wrote:Next Thursday I'm going to Nashville to have 3 stents put in. I believe in the power of positive thought and a nod from my Cub friends sure would help. Hope to be up and runnin' in no time. Thanks ya'll.

You have it, Dan. Here's hoping you and God can work something out that will please you both.

I can't really speak to heart problems since that's only one of the major health problems I've escaped, so far. The other is that I still have hair on the top of my head. :D Other than that, my thoughts aren't very positive.

I'm wondering if I'm to be cursed as my Pop was with a strong heart and circulatory system. He would have turned 100 in a couple months but he passed at 97. He spent a very long time simply staring at the ceiling. I hope for my family and I to be spared that! The next chapter begins next Tuesday.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”