This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Noisy drivetrain in 1st gear

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Noisy drivetrain in 1st gear

Postby ScottyG » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:22 pm

Now that Henry has had all of his fluids changed I now notice that first gear tends to whine and causes extreme vibration through the seat in the tractor. I'm using a 90W gear oil which I suspect is slightly less viscous than what came out (basically tan goo). Is this pretty normal then or do I have something to worry about here?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob Roraback
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Roraback » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:26 pm

I am a novice, but I was told that this is very common and is not a problem. Bob

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:25 pm

Scotty, the whine in first gear is not unusual, but the extrme vibration you describe is. Do you also have the vibration only in first gear?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:11 am

John,

The vibration occurs only in 1st gear usually at or just near idle. I did not have this problem before I changed the transaxle fluid. It is pretty noticible. I'm wondering if I did something when I had to split the rear end temporarily (I had a bolt fall into one of the steering knuckle holes into the drive shaft housing).

The tractor drives fine in all gears. Just this awful vibration.

Return to “Farmall Cub”