This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic System Rebuild

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave.49.cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45066
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub - Working Tractor -Mowing, log skidding, snow plowing.
1947 Farmall Cub - My Dad's

Hydraulic System Rebuild

Postby Dave.49.cub » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:09 pm

Hi all,

I just bought a 1952 Cub on ebay and went down to pick it up this weekend.

When I got there I could see that there was a lot of leaking from underneath the hydraulic unit. Also it was "hiccupping" which is a term IH used to indicate while running with the mower raised the mower would sag a couple of inches and then like the tractor realized it it would snatch it back up over and over. When shutdown, the hydraulic system could not support the weight and would release it all the way.

The IH manual says this is not serious but does indicate it needs to be rebuilt. I got the numbers off the side(I'm listening to you guys!) and have located a rebuild kit for it and will rebuild soon.

My question to you guys who have rebuilt one - what do you use to wash this unit and parts with (what kind of solvent) and what kind of light grease do you use for the O rings?

PS - When I told my wife I was going to buy another Cub all she could do was shake her head as if she couldn't believe our good fortune!

See attached picture 1952 is the same model as me so I'm pretty excited to get this one fixed up.

Dave.49.cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:19 pm

I've only done one, but I washed it in my parts washer with TSC cleaning solvent in it. I lubricated the o'rings on mine with Hytran. Just remeber CLEAN is the key. Might be a good idea to replace the seal/o'ring in the pump while you are at it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”