This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Correct pulley for Woods L59?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Correct pulley for Woods L59?

Postby allenlook » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:48 pm

Is this the correct pulley and mounting method for the Woods L59? As you recall I had the smaller pulley driving the unit when I bought it, but then I picked up this pulley (a Browning) from Tri-State Bearing.

The old pulley (for the sickle bar mower) was mounted with the hub inside and the wheel toward the outside, but this one, no matter how hard I tightened it, would slip right off the PTO shaft when mounted that way, so I tried it "backwards" and it seems to be on there really good, but I'm not sure that's correct... It may be hard to see, but basically the wheel is on the inside, the hub and its bolts are facing out.

Also, there's that aftermarket battery box I bought from eBay, as you can see. It worked just fine grounding from the side of the box through the bottom, and it cleans up the look of the Cub, but it's REALLY thin metal.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Catfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Catfish » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:04 pm

Allenlook, Mine is mounted that way and it works fine.
CatfishImage

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:20 am

Yep, that's the way mine looks, too
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:37 am

Allenlook,

That is not backwards :!: :!: That (pictured) mounting is correct :)

Return to “Farmall Cub”