This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Does the farmall cub get the job done?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jd44691
10+ Years
10+ Years

Does the farmall cub get the job done?

Postby jd44691 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:59 pm

Hi I am looking at farmall cub possibly to mow a 3 acre yard with.The power rating on these tractors doesn't seem that great do they do a decent job running a 5 foot belly mower?The tractor IM looking at also has a snow blade wondering if it would enough weight and power to move snow?Thanks Justin

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:12 pm

Well, I'd venture to say that most folks on the board are gonna say that you've picked the right tractor. I'd have to agree. The cub is ideal for mowing 3 acres or even more. And certainly will move a lot more snow than you would think. Horsepower ain't everything. The torque and gearing on the cub wil allow it to work circles around most of these new-fangled lawn and garden tractors rated at 2 or 3 time the cub's horsepower rating.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:41 pm

jd44691,

Take a look at this thread: http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4437

I can attest to the workability of these tractors. The pictures in the above thread show my 55 after I move from near Lake Tahoe where the Cub never mowed, just pushed snow, and lots of it. And so much fun too :lol: :lol: :lol:

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:06 pm

Welcome to this greatest Cub Forum.

Are you sure you are not a Spy/Mole for them green machines gathering our stealth info on Cubs? :twisted:
Just checking cause having a handle such as (JD) and agent number (44691) kinda caught My suspicious eyes. :twisted: :lol:
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:56 pm

jd46691:

Welcome to the board, and a hopefull welcome to a possible new cubber.

I think you need to read this thread I need recommendations on wich tractors will meet my needs..

Also here is a my thoughts:

I live in New Brunswick, and our winters here are pretty rough and really cold! Ellie-Mae has been handling the snow plowing chores for the last 2 years, and hey, I really like it. Have a look at the Cub and Implement Gallery on the server. You will see some examples of what she can do.

Also, my Cubs do all that you want and a whole lot more. Key word is to not overdo it. Take it slow, easy and be sensible when attempting some projects/jobs etc.

As for hauling wood, again, check out the Gallery. I built the wagon that is shown there, and Ellie hauls that easily with 2/3 of a cord of hardwood (green) on it. Probably weighs somewhere between 2 and 3,000 lbs from what I have been told.

So have no fear, find your self a nice Cub and jump right in!

Oh, welcome to the Forum, best Cub Forum on the internet - bar none!

Ellie and now Granny both handle all my chores around the house from hauling stuff, to yarding wood and in Ellie's case ALL of the gardening chores. This year she is going to get to play with my new disc harrow, spring harrow and potato digger! Hopefully I will get my spray wagon and water wagon done for the girls to haul.

Yup, a Cub is pretty good little tractor!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

k. hansen'49cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby k. hansen'49cub » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:25 pm

I have a '49 with a Danco c3 "60 cut, I use it on a 2.5 acre lawn ,I can tell you I would'nt replace it ,my neighbors always comment on how it resembles a golf course when I'm finished! as for snow plowing ,I have'nt tried it ,back to mowing, I just rebuilt the deck , and the tractor ,you can buy most anything from a Case dealer. Good Luck, Hope I helped
Keith

'39JD B
'49 cub
'52 8n
'53 Golden Jubilee
And a whole bunch of Cub Cadets.....

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:47 am

jd,

Welcome to the Cub Mecca.
I have a '49 Cub with a Touch Control Hydraulic unit. I love this little tractor! It is compact, tough, and a real looker.
I used it last year to keep my 300' driveway clear, and I was very pleased with it's ability, it outworks alot of $8000.00 4wheelers from my view. You do require chains, and wheel weights help greatly. I don't have a mower but certainly would like to try that some day. Right now I'm using mine to do some landscaping. I've got the blade out on the front and I'm "picking" away at a big load of fill. Once I knock down the mountain, I will mid mount the blade again and start grading. We're not talking a Hough loader here but it sure beats the heck out of a shovel. The other thing I have been using it for is grading the driveway in the summer. I am very impressed at how much gravel piles up on the blade and it just keeps pushing. My driveway has never been flatter.
You will get hooked on the Cub, I'm re-doing a my second one right now, and am looking at a third. Some call me crazy, but as the years pass they are starting to call me "Tractor Guy". I like that.
Just Do It !

Return to “Farmall Cub”