This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Quick Fall

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155
Circle of Safety: Y

Quick Fall

Postby VinceD » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Today we were winching the son-in-law's Kioti tractor onto our 16' trailer. Logan (the youngest grandson - 5) wanted to help with the come-a-long. As he was moving the lever back and forth (and doing a good job) I sat down on the metal railing that runs along the front of the trailer. It's a simple piece of angle iron about 10" off the deck. As the come-a-long got harder to operate I decided to get up and help Logan. I have no idea what happened but instead of standing up I fell straight backwards and landed flat on my back on the ground after bouncing my head off the trailer hitch. I have two of the biggest bumps on my head I have ever seen and two little cuts (to small for stitches). The only thing really hurt was my pride. Amy (daughter) said I looked pretty funny as I went over the edge. I am happy to report the trailer hitch, where I hit, was not seriously damaged. Despite this mishap, we managed to get the tractor loaded and tied down.

The moral of this embarrassing story - accidents can happen in a split second even when there are no moving parts or dangerous equipment, running engines, flammable liquids or power tools. Be careful under all circumstances - regardless of how safe or normal the situation seem.
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Quick Fall

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Vince:

Welcome to the "Our Heads Are Not As Hard As Steel Objects Club" :big embarrased: :big shy: Glad you were not hurt too badly. That hitch probably was almost as hard as the boom on the auger truck.. my sympathies go out to you.. OUCH.. that probably hurt.

However, goose eggs do subside in a day or two. The :big embarassed: feeling -- well that might take years to live down.. depends on how often the women folk bring it up in conversation. :wink: :roll: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:30 pm

I think you were just suffering the results of buying a Kioti. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253

Postby Pony Master » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Sorry to hear of your accident, but am glad you are alright. It is funny how sometimes we just up and fall. I have not done that in quite a while, I think the last time I did I was trying to stand on one leg and take off my socks. Next thing I know my head met the coffee table, neither was damaged. That is one lucky coffee table!
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:10 pm

Vince: Glad to hear that you weren't badly hurt. But a bump on the head can be quite painful. Dan

Return to “Safety Forum”