This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A stray wire

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mcinkansas
10+ Years
10+ Years

A stray wire

Postby mcinkansas » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:35 pm

My dad has a 1957 International cub Low Boy and he said that he thought it was a 540 model and
is in the process of restoring it. He has run into a snag in that in the wiring harness
there is a 6" orange wire coming out of it and he cannot find where it
needs to go. He has the manual but it does not really show where this wire is to
go. Could you shed any light on this for me? I would greatly appreciate it.
I don't have alot more info on this but I can try to get more if I need to.
Thank you Mark

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: A stray wire

Postby Paul B » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:25 am

First you need to determine just what model tractor your dad has. There was a 1957 International Cub Lo-Boy produced, but it was not a model 540. It did not have a model number. The engine was off set to the left of the drivers position, like a Farmall Cub. In 1968 the Lo-Boy became an International Cub 154 Lo-Boy and the engine was not off set The driver sat behind the engine like on most tractors. IH did built tractors under the Farmall name that had numbered model numbers, such as 140, 240, 340, 404, 504, etc, but no 540 that I am aware of.

If it is a 1957 Lo-Boy with a 6 volt battery ignition system, there is an orange wire that goes from the ignition switch to the - terminal of the coil.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:36 am

http://ihregistry.com/wiring/master.html

Section K has wiring diagrams for Cub and the numbered series. You need to identify your exact tractor and serial number.

Welcome to the board.
I have an excuse. CRS.

mcinkansas
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mcinkansas » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:16 am

Thanks for the help. Dad thought that was where that wire went so he was happy to get the info. He is also going to get my the serial #, engine #, and the casting # so I can determine more of what he really has. I appreciate your responses and I may need to ask another question later if he runs into any more problems. Mark

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”