This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front Wheel Weight Placement

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Slappy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Front Wheel Weight Placement

Postby Slappy » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:26 am

I was looking through one of the Farmall books (I forget which) and came across a picture of a Cub with the front wheel weights placed on the back of the wheel. I know that this would be a little more work to get them off or on as the tire and rim would also have to be removed. That being said, I wonder if the reverse placement - the weight under the spindle instead of to the outside - might not make steering a little easier. I know that my Cub takes more work to steer with the weights on than off. Any thoughts?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:19 am

The owner's manual describes attaching up to three sets of front wheel weights: Two on the outside, and one on the inside of the wheel. The inside weights are a different design from the looks of it, and are heavier.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:21 am

The inside weights are a different part from the outside ones. I believe they weigh a little more, but am not taking the time to look it up this morning. You will probably find your current weights will not fit over the hubs.

Return to “Farmall Cub”