This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

"New" old Member

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Dusti Snider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24739
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall "M" - Restored
1949 Farmall Cub - Original "Blue Ribbon Reconditioned"
1953 Farmall Super AI
1934 Farmall F-12
1929 Farmall Regular
1956 Ford 640
1972 Ford 4000
Circle of Safety: Y

"New" old Member

Postby Dusti Snider » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:38 am

Just wanted to finally take a mionute and step in and introduce myself. I joined this forum in February of 2003 and made one post. I was asking for help looking for my grandfathers '51 Cub. Well five years have passed and I never did find it, had a few leads, but it never panned out.

I've always checked in on the forum and have learned alot from some of you over the years. I was always reluctant to jump in to a discussion, or express my opinion since I technically wasn't an IH owner...even though I really wanted to be. So I've kinda kept pluggin' along, tinkering with my old JD garden tractors, reading and learning all I could about Cub's, H's and M's. I really have a great fondness for Cubs, but I knew in my heart that what I've wanted for almost 20 years was an "M". Over the last few years I've met some great people and gained one really good friend down in North Carolina that have encouraged my interest in Farmalls. Here in southern West Virginia, tractor shows are unheard of, so we frequent NC alot, going to shows and rides. Some of those guys and gals at IHCC Chapter 37 are kind enough to always let us park our little green ones with their little yellow ones and big red ones. After all, it's about preserving history and appreciating the machines that made this country in the greatest agriculture giant in history...they helped us feed the world. Yeah I know...kinda sappy. But that's the way I feel, they all have a story to tell and deserve to be took care of...

Well on September 20th we purchased a 1951 Farmall "M" that I've had my eye on for a few years, we hauled it home on the 22nd and Tuesday night I got the ol' girl running. I'll post some more details on the Letter Series forum. I know this is a Cub forum, but some of you own Letter series tractors as well. You all seem to get along better than some other forums and seem to offer better information. To that regard I just wanted to thank all of you for your behind the scenes help over the years and I hope I'll become a more productive member in time to come. Sorry for the long second post...I've been holdin' back for almost six years...

Member IHCC Chapter 37 & 42 - North Carolina

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: "New" old Member

Postby Rudi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:49 am

Dusti:

Welcome back to the fold and glad to see you finally posted for the :big shy: 2nd time :big give up: :big smile:. And I am glad to know that you have been around and kinda lurking. That is cool, says a lot for our community. But you should also have known that having a Cub is not necessary to being on the forums. All you have to do is love Cubs. Other Farmalls are also quite ok.. as is any old iron in the appropriate forums, so please do feel more at home and post a bit more ok?

There are about to be a number of additions over the next few months to the server, and some of those additions will be including scans of manuals from other Letter Series tractors, including the M. So there will be osme on-line resources.

Again, Welcome back :applause: :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Dusti,

Welcome back to the fold.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Don't stop looking for that Cub. :D

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Welcome to the forum (again) Dusti! You are gonna love it here.

Yes, it is a "cub" forum, but as you know, many members have larger tractors as well. We all BLEED RED!!! For darned sure, if I had more property, I would be on the lookout for one of the letter series tractors...I am partial to the "H" tractors...

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:06 pm

Glad you are still with us Dusti. :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

RonM
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RonM » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Feels odd me welcoming a guy that has been here a lot longer than I have......but oh well. Welcome Dusti. I wish I had done what you did, lurk this forum before I bought my Cub. If I had of I would have been smarter when it came time to buy. Live and learn right?

I grew up on a farm and spent a lot of seat time on different tractors. The first tractor dad ever owned was an old Ford 2N. Being the oldest son as soon as I was old enough I got to use that tractor to pull a disk harrow while dad was on his dad's tractor pulling a bottom plow. I don't remember what year model it was but it was the biggest, baddest (to me at least) tractor I'd ever seen. Yeah......it was an M. I still remember after all these years asking dad when I could drive the M. He'd always say "you're just not ready yet, that's a big tractor and it takes a man to handle it." I couldn't tell you how old I was when he first let me drive the M but I can tell you it was the proudest day of my young life. I can still remember pulling that bottom plow and how strong that tractor felt in my hands. It would do anything you asked it to. Looking back I guess it never had a working charging system cause we always parked it on a hill down by the barn and rolled it off when we'd go plow. It ran all day long until we were done and we'd park it back in the same spot. It never saw the inside of a garage or barn and never let us down once.

Sorry for MY post being so long. But your post sparked memories that I haven't thought about in years. If I had the extra money and could justify it to the wife (how do you justify owning a tractor that big on a four acre plot?) I'd be on the lookout for an M myself. Thanks for the memories Dusti!
Ron
'52 Cub (Smitty) with a few implements (we've only just begun)

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:55 pm

Dusti good to see you post. Here I am a DAMYANKEE (one word) visiting Farmall cub.com friends in Georgia having the time of my life at Stone Throw and it doesn't start till Tomorrow.
Welcome
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:51 am

:D :D WELCOME :D :D

Dusti Snider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24739
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall "M" - Restored
1949 Farmall Cub - Original "Blue Ribbon Reconditioned"
1953 Farmall Super AI
1934 Farmall F-12
1929 Farmall Regular
1956 Ford 640
1972 Ford 4000

Postby Dusti Snider » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:32 am

Thanks for the warm welcome "back" into the fold, and for not making me feel to bad. I'll try to do better. Rest assured, I'm not giving up on Poppy's Cub, maybe someday it'll show up somewhere, or I'll just break down and buy one to go with the "M". Dad and I do, at least still have his '56 641 Ford, someday I'll restore it. I had to chuckle about justifying an "M" on four acres. We have three restored JD garden tractors, a '59 JD 430W that I'm restoring for my boss, plus the "M", and we live on just under 2 acres...the vast majority of which is hillside. My wife loves 'em though, so if the money is there, she is usually game. She was somewhat reluctant about an "M" until she drove my friends '53 SMTA on a 18 mile ride last spring...then she was hooked. I told her the other evening when I restore the "M" I'm gonna build a parade seat for the drawbar...she was quick to inform me she wasn't ridin'...she was drivin'...hehehe.

Member IHCC Chapter 37 & 42 - North Carolina

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:12 am

Welcome to the forum Dusti :D :D :big afro:

cubguy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49265

Postby cubguy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Weclome.:big afro:
Kyle
1940 Farmall H, 1947 farmall cub, 1958 David Bradley SP, 1964 cub cadet 70, 1965 Bolens 1000, 1966 cub cadet 123, 1973 Mf 12 http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/truckguy_02/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”