This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mowing methods?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Mowing methods?

Postby allenlook » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:34 pm

I'm using my Woods L59 for the first time, and I'm pretty please so far, even with the blades dull and rusty (yeah, yeah, I'll get 'em off there and sharpened up - I was just too excited to get mowing to do it beforehand)

Do most of you let the mower all the way down so you have slack in the chains, and let the wheels and skid plates on the mower deck set the height? That seems to be working best for me.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:41 pm

Allen, use the rear mounting holes and your touch control system to set the mower height. The wheels and skid shoes are anti-scalping devices.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:29 pm

My Woods 42 does not have wheels, just skids. Take your time and get the mower deck set at the height that you want, and do the best you can to get it perfectly level. I used some extra washers for shims This will give you the best looking cut. Set your touch control stops at that point (no slack in the chain). The skids are just for the bumps. Rudi has Woods mower manuals on the server. :D

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:12 pm

I use the casters to set the finish height. The casters are adjustable with spacers and axle placement. 8)

BillWms01
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BillWms01 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:27 am

I let the skids slide(no wheels on my 42C) to set the cutting height. In my bermuda sod, it works fine. However, thay may explain why my skids need replacing. :o Of course, they had a good bit of wear when I bought it used 10 years ago.
BillWms01
'48 Cub, Woods 42C Mower, Cub-144 Cultivators, Cub-22 Mower, Disc Breaking Plow, Belt-Drive for PTO.

Return to “Farmall Cub”