This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Granny's Tranny

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Granny's Tranny

Postby Rudi » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:14 pm

I can't find the thread where we where chatting about the tranny. Anyways, I thought maybe I was lucky and the fork wasn't broken, but no such luck :!: :roll: :(

However :!: I did figure out with a little help, a pair of vice grips, hammer and an extra pair of hands, how to move the rods and not have the poppet balls fly all over the place :!: :D Have the fork out and going to try having it welded. A buddy says he did this to his Dad's Cub about 2 years ago and it is doing well. Might end up having to do this again, but oh well - need the practice I guess.

Other thing is, I think the other fork is broken too.. I know that the set screw is stripped for sure. Sure hope the threads in the other end are not stripped -- that would mean a complete tranny tear-down right :?: :?: Got me fingers crossed.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:05 pm

Rudi, the other fork comes out pretty much the same way. NO need to dig too deep. :wink:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:17 am

Rudi,

That same fork was cracked again on a previous weld when I got the '49. I discovered it when I went in to find that I was missing a poppet ball back during the rebuild. I had the piece welded up again and it's held good for a year now. Also, run a tap through those threads and you might be OK, mine needed it too. I looked at buying a replacement fork from my dealer.....................best he could do........$108Cdn.

Bon chance!
Just Do It !

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:26 am

EZ:

Wow he was expensive. I thought Gilles was expensive at $86.00 Cdn :!: :!: :?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

The thread....

Postby SundaySailor » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:57 pm

Rudi,

I think the thread you're referring to is: Tranny Gunk. I see where you've posted there and spoke of Granny's tranny.

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Return to “Farmall Cub”