This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Generator....Got-R-done

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
splicer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Generator....Got-R-done

Postby splicer » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:01 am

I roasted my generator a few weeks back and couldn't believe the price tag on a "rebuilt" unit....so I did some diggin'. The cheapest unit I could find was $125.00 and was told by a friend a lot of the times the "rebuild" shops only replace the bad parts and replace the parts that test good....... This wouldn't do for me........ After some research I ran across a place called Classic Generators in Texas. They had each and every part for my generator in stock, and upon a price quote, we did business. I got new field coils, new armature, brushes, bushings, bearing and every nut-bolt-and screw including all the misc. goodies to COMPLETELY rebuild this generator for $118.00 including shipping. Not much cheaper than rebuilt but EVERY part in this generator is new, and I have the satisfaction knowing the job was done right. (and enjoyed the #$%^ out of doing it) The people from Classic Generators were great to deal with also....Highly recommend them for parts.
'57 Lo-Boy # 5078
'75 ford 2000

If you think you can or you think you can't...your right
- Henry Ford

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

David D. smith
10+ Years
10+ Years

Link

Postby David D. smith » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:14 am

Do you have a link for them?
Dave <*)))><

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:44 am

Splicer, please get a link to Rudi & Dennis so they can put it on their web sites. This sounds like a good place to deal with.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Classic Generators

Postby allenlook » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:09 am

If I'm not mistaken, their e-mail address is CLASSICGEN@AOL.COM (gleaned from another website of unknown age.)

I can't find their website, nor can I find them in the Thomas Register or GlobalSpec.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:10 am

Splicer:

Yeah! What BigDog said :!:

Seriously, can you get me their Snail Mail address, telephone #, email address, homepage if they got one, fax number? I will put it up on the server under Specialty Services. Also, what ever other services that they may provide which will help out our fellow cubbers.

Sure glad you got the genny done up right and are happy.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”