This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Missing two parts on Clarence, where to find them?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Missing two parts on Clarence, where to find them?

Postby John Niekamp » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:58 am

Hey just happen to think that I am missing two parts for my Cub, well actually. 4 if you count the original style headlights and hood emblems.

This topic should probably be in the "wanted" category, but I will stick it here and see what I come up with.

The first one is the flywheel cover or inspection cover as some may call it, you know the one that bolts on the very bottom half where the torque tube and engine mates up. This would be real easy to fabricate a new one, but thought I would see if anyone might have an extra laying around that could be purchased at a reasonable price.

The second one and more important is a radiator shroud. I have run the engine for long periods of time and I have checked the engine temp. with my digital temp probe and has always ran about 180 degrees. BUT have never put it under a load to see what things are running. Since everything was completely cleaned out when I tore it all down, the radiator, block and bolster are free from sludge and crud. This had to aid in the cooling ability quite a bit.

Regardless, I would like to have these items to make my tractor "complete" I have seen a couple of shrouds on eBay, but they appeared to be cut and bent up. I guess I will have to keep a closer watch for things there.

Right now "Clarence" is sitting in it's little corner of the garage and I probably won't be using him until next Spring, SO there is no real hurry for the pieces for some time, I have several months to locate them.

Darn, just now got an email from eBay, stating that I was outbidded on them hood emblems. figure as much.

John Niekamp

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:02 pm

The fan shroud and inspection cover can be bought from http://www.jptractorsalvage.com

They have a room full of every cub part imaginable. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:01 pm

Let me add the other two as well :!: :

TM Tractor Parts
and
Chown Tractor Parts

John, these are very common parts (as in needing) and they are quite available. Much easier to obtain used than having one fabricated.

The other part that seems at least in this area to be missing is the flywheel cover (half moon shaped plate on the bell housing). Seems people here take em off and then promptly forget to put them back and end up losing them. Ellie was one such victim. :roll: :?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:41 pm

I'm in need of a couple shrouds myself, but I do have a few of the flywheel covers.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”