This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Please keep us in your prayers (repost from off topic)

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
Rianna
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36748

Re: Please keep us in your prayers (repost from off topic)

Postby Rianna » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:43 am

Prayers of strength and comfort are being said for your family. My deepest sympathy is extended to you all.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lance Leitzel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:08 am

Prayers for you and your family in this hour of need.
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:49 am

i miss my dad. :(
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

ellen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ellen » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:39 am

Ron Luebke wrote:i miss my dad. :(

Ron
I feel your pain. Been without mine for 6 years. Although the pain doesn't completely go away, it will diminish some and the good memories will take over.

Ellen :||):

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:14 am

Ron - I understand. Like Ellen said - the pain never goes away but it does subside and the good memories take over. I lost my step-dad over 35 years ago and the things he taught me remind me of him every day. Remember the good times and cherish them my friend.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:53 am

Ron,
I never knew my Dad (killed in WWII when I was an infant) but I had very strong relationship with my Grand-dad. I feel your pain. I think of Grandpa about every day, things he taught me, told me, did with me, etc. As long as you have the memories, he will always be with you.

:||):
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:35 pm

i know i have great memories. this is the time of year him and i was all fired up and ready to hunting. now camps empty without his presence. no one to come and bang on my camper door a 5:30 in morning and say "GET UP !" and always have breakfast almost ready. i guess it'll be grits and oatmeal or little debbie cakes for breakfast now. he spoiled me with that and made sure i had time to make it to my tree stand before daylight even if he didn't. i want to pick up the phone and just call him but thats not possible anymore and will take time to get over that. thanks for the support and i ask you to keep us in your prayers.
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:39 am

Ron,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad, and I'm sorry I missed this post earlier. Being out on this job site without a computer put me out of touch to some degree.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
I lost my Grand-dad in 94 and I still miss him to this day. It took a while for the good memories to come but they will, hang in there we're all pulling for you.

Ron W.
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Ron:

My Dad and I had our fair share of troubles... he lost his Dad when he was 9, just as WW2 started, so he grew up without one, and never learned how to be a Dad, but he did his best with what tools he had. Like I said, we had our troubles.. but I miss him terribly. Not a day goes by that I do not think of him. I lost him in 96.. it has been 12 years and the pain is still as sharp today as it was back then. It never goes away, but you learn to remember the good, cherish those memories and then accept that you will see him again. For me that is the only way I can get through it.

I keep a couple of tunes in my head a lot that remind me of what I have with my own son..

Mike Rutherford's best seller -- The Living Years (Mike and the Mechanics), is a prime example of what we need to do, we need to talk to our parents/children etc., and not the little things get in the way.

Same with Cat's In the Cradle... very telling lyrics about what NOT to do.. yet what we end up doing anyways...

I keep them both in my brain, they are reminders of what I missed the most with my Dad, what I was able to tell him before he died, and what I want my son to remember about me when my time comes...

You and yours are in our families prayers, and the Lord will help you get through this...
(+)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:06 am

Dear Ron,

I am so sorry to read of your loss, and also that I missed this sad news until this morning. And thank you so much Stacey for posting.

Ron, I know you're hurting right now and there's nothing I can say that will change that. But I know how you feel. Like others have posted, I was not blessed with having a good father, (he bagged out on us kids in the very worst of ways), yet I was very blessed to have received a wonderful father when I met the love of my life, Jeanine.

From the time I was seventeen years old, Jeanine's dad was as much my dad as hers. He and I golfed and worked together all the time, and that is where we talked, pondered what was and what might be, and where I learned to be a good husband, father and friend. Jeanine and I used to joke that if anything happened between us, we wouldn't be sure whose side he'd be on! But fortunately for us, he never had to make that choice, and was an unbelievebly great father to us both. Golf has never been the same since for me, but I'm still working on it with my son and son-in-law, who loves the game, but plays mostly with his father.

So Ron my good friend, now it's time for you to get to work: Work on searing those wonderful memories of the best times into your heart so they will live there forever. Work on continuing those same memories with Robert, and for the kids. When Victor (or later, the little guy!), goes hunting with you, it will now be your turn to get up early to cook breakfast, so that Victor can sleep a little late. Don't worry, Grump will be right there by your side, and in your heart.

And most importantly Ron and Stacey...hold on now to each other's heart. Hold it gently and with care. Make this one of those crossroad moments in your lives that brings you ever closer together. It is no matter that life is not perfect; but it is your job to work together to make it as much so as possible.

I'm here brother,

Charles
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Mr E » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:31 am

Corky's Cub wrote: it will now be your turn to get up early to cook breakfast, so that Victor can sleep a little late.

and you must always have a smile in your heart and on your face. To get you started out with one, just remember, you can't just cook chili and hot cornbread, dude!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm here also, brother.
Your good friend and parade partner. Remember, #2 tries harder. :{_}: :{_}:

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Miss Farmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30102
eBay ID: staasee
Tractors Owned: no Cub : (

Postby Miss Farmall » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:30 pm

While thinking about Grump alot tonight, knowing he would be seeing all of the grandbabies and what they dressed up like for Halloween & teasing them and trying to trick them out of their candy, I decided to revisit this post. As I sit here with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face, I realize just how special you guys are. I am sad and frustrated at the same time. It has not been easy and it is hard right now for us without him. I know things will ease up up eventually but my heart does not know that. Thank you for all your kind words!
Just call me coconut... Blonde on the inside!
I'd suggest you just stop talking and walk away lest I forget I was raised to be a lady.

phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30114
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub "Ms. Scarlett"
1962 Leora's loboy "Starburst"

Postby phildidit » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:47 am

i'm so sorry , i didn't even see this post until this morning, i can't believe that we even saw yall two weeks ago and didn't even realize, i am deeply sorry for your loss, and our prayers are with you. - the winters

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Mr E » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:02 am

Stacey & Ron,
Our prayers are with you. So sorry for you loss, just continue to cherish the fond memories.

Roy & Mary

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”