This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Image size and monitor settings???

How do I.... ?
RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Image size and monitor settings???

Postby RaymondDurban » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:25 am

When other members imbed images inside of a post, does it cut off half of the image for the rest of you, or is it me and the settings on my computer. Almost all images appear fine, except pages out of a manuals/parts breakdowns. My screen is 1024x768. Same applies in the CBoK, in several chapters the images run off the right side of the screen, overlaying the right tool/link bar.

If this post is in the wrong place, Mods could you move (or delete) to the correct place. Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Image size and monitor settings???

Postby Barnyard » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:40 am

Raymond, I have the same problem. Most of the time it is because the poster does not resize their photo to the parameters allowed by the forum. I find it somewhat irritating to only see part of of a picture. The new forum layout will only show as much of a picture as it is allowed. The old layout showed the entire photo but you had to scroll the entire length of a photo and that was even more irritating. So what we have now is better than what we had a year ago.

It would be nice if everyone would resize their photos though and make it easier for all of us.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:14 am

Same problem here. I get the left portion of pictures but not the part on the right. Dan

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:19 am

A lot of times, if I want to see the whole picture, I will right click on the picture and copy its URL and then past that in my address line.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:30 pm

Raymond, Bill:

This seems to have become a problem in the last little while. The first time I have noticed this was late last night in a post where I inserted two pages from the GSS-1411 Service Manual on the Timing Question. I was kind of taken aback. Even commented to Emilie about it... I was on my daughters Dell laptop that runs IE7. When I went downstairs this morning, and checked the post with IE6 on my puter downstairs, the pic showed up completely.

Yes, you have to scroll. But that is a function of the resolution and file size.

We have been asking everyone to limit the size of their pics to 640x480 and small file sizes to accomodate dialup users, especially since the forum software package has become rather large.... :roll:

When it comes to the data on the server, well, that is being worked on. But with over 18,000 files, it gets to be a little daunting. We are progressing nicely, the format of the server is almost complete and the next step will be to start resizing and making all the files comparable. Unfortunately, over the last 6 or 7 years, web page standards have changed, significantly and the newer browsers are incompatible with older software or older html standards.

The pics in the CBoK have for the most part been resized to fit within the gallery limits which are well withing the page parameters. The only pics that would not complky are those that have not been embedded in the CBoK gallery database itself.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:40 pm

Rudi, I don't have this problem with all images, it is only some pictures that are not resized. When I check the properties of those pictures they are way over the size limit.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Bill:

Yup.. .got that.

It was really weird last night with that post. I was using IE7 which is not my favourite browser. When I went to look at it after I posted, the picture was chopped in half almost on an angle about in the middle of the page. Yet when I looked at it in IE6 then itiwas ok. I also posted to another thread with a jpeg from the Owner's Manual.. one that has been resized. It appeared properly.

When the jpegs are all resized, it will be a lot more uniform.

Also, as the CBoK is completed, then the pics will be resized and uploaded to maintain continuity in case the originals are deleted from their internet host.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Thanks fellas,
Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a setting on my computer that I needed to change.
Raymond

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”