This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

55 lo boy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LEBeinhaur
10+ Years
10+ Years

55 lo boy

Postby LEBeinhaur » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:49 pm

How do I post a picture on here

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Search

Postby allenlook » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:15 pm

L,

If you do a search of the forum, you'll find lots of great info on posting pics. I believe the best thread is in one of the other forums, maybe "Off Topic".

Basically you can follow the instructions of picturetrail.com and then post the image URL on this site between img tags as specified in the forum help.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

?

Postby allenlook » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:18 pm

Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:25 pm

Ok, now how about this question?

How or what program do you use to go in and let's say draw a line or a arrow to something, like if you directly wanted to point a finger at something in your posted picture and add some text? I have seen this done, but never knew how to.

I am sure you can do it with Microsoft "Picture-it", but I would rather spend my money on something more fun, like Oh let's say, Cub parts. :lol: Is there anything like what Allen pointed us to that talked about IRFANVIEW?

Thanks,

John Niekamp

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:58 am

John. You have to use your edit tool on whatever photo program is on your computer...............
Ron

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Paint

Postby allenlook » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:10 am

To keep it simple (and free), if you're using Microsoft Windows XP you can use the included Accessory called "MS Paint".

Older versions of Paint would only save bitmap files (BMP), which are huge compared to the newer formats. The version included with XP (and maybe a slightly older version or two, I don't recall) will save in JPG and GIF format (much smaller) as well as PNG, and TIFF (the FAX format.)

You can load up your picture in Paint and draw simple circles, boxes, and lines of various colors on your picture, then save it and post it with your custom annotations.

To load Paint, click on Start, then All Programs, then Accessories, then Paint.

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Resize

Postby allenlook » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:16 am

Windows XP (and the included Paint program) can also be used to resize your pictures, although they may not resize to *very small* sizes with as good a resolution as advanced (and $$$) programs will do.

You can use the Image menu in Paint to resize your picture (Stretch/Skew), or you can use Explorer in Windows XP to select the picture you want to resize, then right-click on the file. One of the context menu items will be "Resize Pictures", and then press the "Advanced>>" button, you can select "Custom..." to choose your desired new image size. Several popular sizes are provided as well (640x480, etc.)

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:22 pm

Allen and Ron, THANKS A LOT, I think I got something figured out, at least.

I was just messing around so here's was my FIRST attempt. This scaned picture was taken alomst 10 years ago and this is the PO and he has long passed. His widow was the reason for me to come to own the little CUB. We have adopted each other as Mom and Son. Now that I have "Clarence" (That's what we named it) restored, I'm better than sliced bread, in her eyes. Momma Golda said that he would be very proud to see what it has become now. He just loved this little Cub and used it all of the time for several years.

I just loved his coolant recovery system, LOL!

The only way I could get this to work, was to convert my "jpg" over to "tif" and then convert it back to "jpg" and upload it to my host to link here.

Thanks again guys,

John Niekamp

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:18 am

John. Good job with the picture. I've seen it before. You must have posted it previously. The rattle can top looks exactly like the new gas tank safety caps that Case is giving away............
Ron

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:45 am

John, looks like it works. I tried a coolant recovery system like that several years ago, and noticed the cub would regularly push coolant into the tank and suck it back in while I was mowing. Also noticed when I shut the cub off that it was boiling. Took the recovery system back off.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Checking the level...

Postby allenlook » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:08 am

Doesn't the Cub just spit out the overage? Why would you need a recovery system like that?

Now I'm worried about my coolant level!

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:43 pm

Yes, it does level itself off. Listen to John *-?-!, He took it off. I asked this question once before if it would work (overflow system). Everybody went along with the idea, this system (thermosiphen) works better without an overflow tank.........
Ron

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:58 pm

Allen,

From everything I have read about the Cub's cooling system since it is "thermo-cycling" the system needs room the to expand and contract. I would guess 1-1/2 to 2 inches from the filler neck would be adaquet.

The family told me that Clarence was the only person that could get the Cub to run, there was wires cut. To start it a person had to know the correct wire to hook up and then another wire or two to make it charge and so forth. They said after he died, no one knew how to make it run, so they gave it away. When I first brought the tractor home it had 3 rolls of duct tape and probably a spool of bailing wire everywhere.

SO, I'm thinking, he just figured he recovery tank system was a easy fix and he did what he needed to get done with the tractor, until the next use.

It is really NOT needed. It you are filling up the radiator and it is still spewing through the overflow, I would suggest checking the lower tank and cleaning out the radiator. If that's all clean, then check the timing, it may be running slow on the timing or running to lean on fuel mixture.

I don't think Clarence (in my picture) knew this and was like most people would fill up the radiator and when the engine would start warming up, in return it would start spewing out through the overflow. Then my guess is he would then just take the plastic bottle off and fill the radiator back up.

Another assumption is that the tractor may in fact been over-heating, because of all the sludge that almost completly filled up the lower tank. Thus causing the thermo action not to take place.

I have filled the radiator up like I was told here on the forum and it has never spewed out or got hot. The book probbly tells the correct filling level.

John *.?-!.* cub owner,

Yes, I indeed posted this same picture before, It's the oldest picture that I or Clarence's family has of the tractor and especially with him on it. As I pointed out the picture was taken in or about 1996 and IH must have been replacing the original caps with the new style saftey caps. The one pictured is the one I replaced with the NEW one they sent me a few weeks ago.

John

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:04 pm

I think the replacemant cap program has been going on for nearly 20 years. At one time you just took an old cap to the dealer and he traded a new one for it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”