This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

been playin'

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

been playin'

Postby George Willer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:40 pm

I've had the tricycle in the shop for a little work. The sharp eyed will spot a small difference.

There are other pictures posted here:

http://members.toast.net/photos/album.asp?user=gwill&album=triicycle
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:03 pm

Well George ya got me stumped. At first I thought it was the duels but then I remembered you having them on already, I had seen pictures of it before with the single set so that cant be it. I studied your pic for quite awhile and I dont see anything new added so whatever you did must have been a small change. :shock:
Then came Bronson

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Though I haven't seen it....

Postby SundaySailor » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:16 pm

My guess would be the dual seats. Who knows?

Rick

BTW, Mighty nice loking!
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:40 pm

I think the hint is "small difference"......looks like it has been lowered....say seven inches or so. Do I see a rarity :?: A cub lo-boy tri-cycle :?: :?
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:52 pm

Nope, it's not lowered. Your eyes are playing tricks.

I think I figured it out: Second battery box?

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:08 pm

There's a cooler on the left side to match the battery box. There is also a tool box to keep things balanced. These are not new. It's the duals... thanks to CB and JP for the idea to do it without the spacer. It is kinda tricky to do it and clear the fenders and also have a little space between the wheels. Luckily, I had matching tires and wheels that merely involved a lot of swapping.

I wanted to do this in case I could go to the Cubarama. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

There isn't enough room under a lo-boy to create a tricycle using standard wheels... unless it was moved way out front like a Silver King. :cry:

The earlier photos of a tractor with duals was the H, 'Big Mike" in the avatar.
George Willer

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:30 pm

That's a sharp looking tractor George!! Juat add a turbo, and you'll have a top-notch puller!! :D
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

tglass
10+ Years
10+ Years

duals

Postby tglass » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:49 pm

look nice, but how did you do it without spacers and keep the strength?

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:33 pm

I would like to know how you did this also. I have the wheels and tires already.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:39 pm

l0 wrote:I would like to know how you did this also. I have the wheels and tires already.

Inner is set to minimun width and outer is set to maximum. I used longer bolts... 1/2 x 1 1/4 SAE.

George Willer

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:22 pm

George:

Well Done :!: :D

I did pay attention to the questions you had posed on the spacers et al., and that you were going to try this solution. It works :!: Looks nice also.

Question?

How much benefit would the dualies provide? I can see in the field where it might be advantageous, unless you have a truck garden - that would take up a lot of room. What about for snow etc.? I would assume also, that if using duals in the winter and chains all 4 tires would have to be equipped with the chains. Is is worth trying?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:23 pm

"wanted to do this in case I could go to the Cubarama. Unfortunately, it didn't work out".

I was hoping you would make it to Fredericktown. Hope to see you next year.

I have two rims and centers I am going to use to dual my '49 with a little later. All I need is a couple of 8.3-24 Firestones with tubes and some primer and paint. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:20 pm

Rudi wrote:George:

Well Done :!: :D

I did pay attention to the questions you had posed on the spacers et al., and that you were going to try this solution. It works :!: Looks nice also.

Question?

How much benefit would the dualies provide? I can see in the field where it might be advantageous, unless you have a truck garden - that would take up a lot of room. What about for snow etc.? I would assume also, that if using duals in the winter and chains all 4 tires would have to be equipped with the chains. Is is worth trying?

Rudi,

It's just a fun thing. I can't think of any other good reason to do it. I expect Scruffy with a set of weights is slightly heavier and can out pull it.

For plowing snow, I think it would tend to ride on top and lose traction. I do sometimes use the H with duals to pack the snow to build a base so I don't have to risk plowing stones, but I don't think a Cub can do it.
George Willer

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:48 pm

George, With the extra wide rear-end and now adding extra width with the duelies does that pose a problem with it fitting on your trailer :?: .
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:58 pm

johnbron wrote:George, With the extra wide rear-end and now adding extra width with the duelies does that pose a problem with it fitting on your trailer :?: .
I want to see you put that in the new motor home. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”