This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub registry

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:11 pm

Jeff:

Awesome tune :!: Btw, you know that Robbie Robertson is Canadian and I think he is either Ojibwa or Iroquois..... Jim -- help :?:

Maybe you should buy one, this could be your lucky week.

Me, well I usually here errrrnhhhghhh! the screachy sound of another losing ticket :roll: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:50 pm

:x No wonder that page takes so long to open. This is what I get after waiting 4-minutes.

Be nice if it could be broken down into 4+/- pages.
Then came Bronson

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

BBand

Postby allenlook » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:28 pm

Mine loads in a few seconds, albeit over broadband.

For you folks getting the "file too large" message - are you using Internet Explorer 4.x? The maximum file size was increased after 4.x, and most pages should load OK in IE 5.0 and 6.0... I'm not as familiar with Netscape anymore...
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:25 pm

Allen:

JB has WebTV and it has IE 4.x if I remember correctly. Something about another browser - Mozilla ? or something like that.

I still think we should all get together and build JB a real computer! I even have a TV out card that will allow him to continue to use his TV for a monitor! That seems to be his main concern.

How bout it JB :?: :!: :idea:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Save some space...

Postby allenlook » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:47 pm

I think we could save a lot of the file-size of the registry with some simple format changes.

We could also compress all the data to make it much more readable, more like a spreadsheet format so that it wouldn't be so tall...

Well, I don't mean to imply "we" like you should be taking my suggestions and doing all the work. If you want some help just let me know. :D
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:42 pm

Rudi,

Glad you translated, all "greek" to me. I have hard enough time with English, you know those words like "to", "too" and "two" No wonder they claim English is SO confussing.

Keep up the good work on the site and with your French, good luck on both. I really don't know how you find the time do it all, UNLESS they have 40 hours a day up there in Canada OR you just don't take time to eat and sleep, LOL!. :lol:

John N.

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:48 pm

Hey Rudi,

Down here in south Louisiana, there's two things that can make you a Cajun: you are born one or you married one. Either way, you're Cajun. Harold, we have a saying in Cajun country: north of Baton Rouge is considered Yankee country! :) I'm of Acadian ancestry (Quebedeaux) but speak little French (numbers, cuss words, etc.) because when I was growing up, people discouraged the French and encouraged the English. Now, they're trying to recover the French heritage. My kids take French in high school and are starting to learn about their heritage. Even though I can't carry a conversation in French, I can speak another language very well.....cooking! We love our food! As I'm sure BigDog found out in St. Amant, South Louisianians know how to cook. I lived a stone's throw from St. Amant for 12 years and learned how to cook jambalaya. Maybe one year I can attend the Cubarama and bring along the black iron pots. Laissez le bon temps rouller![/img][/code]

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:12 pm

Joey:

I agree - Let the good times roll! Yup, you guys sure know how to cook. In 1994 we had the very first Retrouvaille des Acadiens et Acadiennes, and we had families from all over North America attend here in the Moncton/Dieppe area.

I got to sample some of the very best in Cajun cuisine and it certainly did live up to it's reputation! I am looking forward to the next Retrouvaille. Missed this year's so got to wait until 2009, and I think it is being held in Louisianne again. Then it is back here in Moncton in 2014 I think.

BTW, Cajun's have always been Acadian and always will be :!: Old saying - you can chase the Acadian out of Acadie, but you can't chase Acadie out of the Acadian :!: The Brits tried it in 1755 and found out to their chagrin it didn't work :!: If I am not mistaken about 20 years later some Yankees chased the Brits right into the heart of Nouvelle Acadie - heard some gators got em :!:

Any chance you can bring the pots to our CubFest Northeast?? Sure would be a treat :!: :idea: :D :D :D

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:35 pm

Rudi,

As Allen inquired before me, Where and when is the CubFest Northeast? It may be a little far for me to travel :( , but the Cubarama may be closer and easier for me. Are the meetings scheduled for 2005 and 2006?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:37 pm

Joey:

CubFest Northeast was held in Sussex NB, about 40 miles west of me. It is about 2 hours north of Calais Me, and about 2 hours from Houlton Me. Yup, it is scheduled to be held again in June 2005 baring any unforseen problems. We are hoping that this will continue as an annual affair for those of us in the Northeast. Course all are welcome, and ifn you should be able to come, it can also be a trip to maybe discover some of your roots!

Em and I would be pleased to be your hosts! If you click on CubFest Northeast 2004 on the server, there are maps and such that can show you where we are!

Allan:

Hope I answered your question ok. Check out the maps too!

John:

Wasn't forgetting you, just forgot to type the reply :roll: :o :lol:

Nah, we only have 24 hours in a day here too, and hey, when you have 5 kids you learn to multi-task real fast or you don't survive! Guess it is coming in handy. As for sleep, well, a couple hours a night anyways. Seems that I get my best work done when everybody else is in bed sleeping, it is quiet and then I can think... also, when I get involved, I tend to lose track of time.... :roll: :roll:

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Rudi,

Postby allenlook » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:31 pm

I might be able to find it, seeing as I was born and raised a lobster fisherman in Machias, ME, which is only about an hour from Calais, if that even! Played a lot of baseball in those parts :)

Would also be a good excuse for me to swing by the Sabian factory to assauge my musical bent.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:42 am

I keep forgetting about Sabian :!: :roll: :roll: Best cymbals in the world made by Sabian...

Be nice to meet ya Allen. Be a real pleasure to have y'all come on over.

Return to “Farmall Cub”