This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub A Rama

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Chuck Melburg
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61469
Tractors Owned: Cub 1949, 1963
Cadets 2 Originals, 100,108
3 100 manure spreaders. One is fully restored.

Cub A Rama

Postby Chuck Melburg » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:08 pm

Wow: what a great time Dee and I had with all of you. Some one said to me and I agree it is like a family reunion. Makes it nice to put names with faces of our fellow forum members. Actually it is impossible to thank you all, Big Dog, CubBud, Lurker, and so many more than I can list so I guess the best thing to do is to really thank them who makes it possible, J P Tractors and most of all, Thanks JAMIE we love ya!
CHUCK & DE MELBURG :lol:
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:59 pm

Amen to that Chuck. I just rolled in after 9 1/2 hours on the road. Parked the cub and all the goodies in the barn and have sat down to rest a while (at least this seat ain't movin' down the interstate @ 65 mph.) I think this year was the best ever. We had more fun with old and new friends than ever before. For those of you who didn't make it there - well, you missed it! :(
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:40 pm

DITTO :!: :!: Dad and I left Fredericktown this morning at 7:00A.M. and arrived home at 12:30P.M.

I, too, think that was the best show yet. They will only get bigger and better in the years to come. I enjoyed meeting all the new faces and visiting with old friends. :D I can't wait until next year. I made reservations for 2005 and 2006 before I left. :wink:

Thanks Jamie, John Jr., JP and gang.....another perfect job :!:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:42 pm

I also had a GREAT TIME. My tractors are still on the trailer and could be there for a week or so until I can get the time to put all 4 of them away and all of the implements. Plus some more stuff I bought.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:07 am

DITTO! What a great show. Thanks Jamie and the rest. :D
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:24 am

I too had a great time. There were several things present that I had never seen before. There was less time pressure on the return trip, since I didn't have to allow time to check in to the motel or unload the same night. So I hung around after breakfast and didn't hit the road until about 8:30. Return travel went well and I got home after 7.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:23 am

My wife and I also enjoyed this one, and enjoyed getting to see some distant (miles wise), friends again. Got home about 7:30 Sunday after stopping in Illinois to pick up an "A" flail mower for a friend in CT. This is one show that we look forward to attending.

THANKS JAMIE, for all your hard work.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:26 pm

Greetings all,

Glad to see everyone arriving home OK. I got home about 4PM (Monday), uneventful driving but saw 3 things that struck me as noteworthy. The trees putting on the fall colors in the highest elevations of Pennsylvania's Laurel Highlands. Farmers harvesting their soybeans along I-70 with the sun at just the right angles - looked like scenes from calendars and equipment brochures. Folks taking their Cubs and Cadets home after a GREAT weekend of fun and fellowship. Absolutely beautiful.

It's great to actually meet the people participating in this forum, y'all are a great bunch of folks! Dennis, you have done an outstanding job creating and maintaining this forum. Many, many thanks to Jim Becker and Mike Schmudlack for making room (literally) at the Madison Inn for Cathy and me for 2 nights. Kudos, again, to the Hargis family for a job well done. Fredericktown did an outstanding job of supporting this event. The attitude and spirit of the attendees, vendors and spectators makes Cub-arama a very special event.

Thanks everybody!

Carl 'n Cathy

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:34 pm

Hi Chuck..Enjoyed meeting you. As usual, I'm the last to get home and the last to say THANKS.

It was a spectacle. All the pictures are excellent, but you just have to be there and experience everything 8) 8)

As usual I was the last one to get to Sitzes Saturday evening. What a sight seeing all of those Cubs loaded on trailers at the restaurant and at the Madison Inn. As I was straightening up my parking and getting out of the truck at Sitzes, a middle aged couple in a pick up next to me was smiling ear to ear. The gentleman rolled down his window and said, "This must be tractor country!" I greeted them and said, "Well sir if you folks are not from around here, you will soon find out that this IS tractor country." The gentleman then asked if I could tell them the directions how to get to Marquand. I said I had no idea where Marquand was cause I'm from Arizona and he and his wife about died laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to next year already

Mike

Last edited by Arizona Mike on Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:11 pm

Hey Mike,

563 looks great with the rocky hills in the background. 8) Was that picture taken at your place on on the road :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:15 pm

Mike
Do you have any trouble cultivating on the hill behind you?????? I looks kind of rocky.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:17 pm

Cub-Bud wrote:Hey Mike,

563 looks great with the rocky hills in the background. 8) Was that picture taken at your place on on the road :?:
When you say 563 is that serial number 563???
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:21 am

IO - yes that's serial number 563. The 63rd cub built. Quite a treasure. And it purrs like a kitten.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:42 am

Bigdog wrote:IO - yes that's serial number 563. The 63rd cub built. Quite a treasure. And it purrs like a kitten.
WOW!!! That is a low number. Is that the lowest one known to be still running??
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:08 am

According to Mike Schmudlak 501 is still running and not to far from him.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”