This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub A Rama

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:08 pm

Cameras are allowed. Just get your body to the Winter Convention and take all of the pictures you want. I even have all of the documentation from the archives on when it was presented to an IH exec. etc....
After February you can post and see all of the pictures you want.

At the convention you can even tour the archives to see where all of that info is housed that goes goes into Ken and Guy's books.
We will also have the earliest known Farmall (Neal Stone's exp. Regular), the Frameall, the auto mower, many of the wood patent models etc...

It is hard to believe that some of the same people that believe in a God they can't see will not believe that Cub 501 exists because they have not seen it. Ye of little faith. LOL

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

in2ihc
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby in2ihc » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:04 pm

I would rather be in Swissconsin at the winter convention in Feburary than in HAWAII.....Know what to do with a Cub...Not sure about a grass skirt...Well Maybe :lol: :lol:

Leon
Tractors are like kids---Are great at home --Take them out to show and they always act up !!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:22 pm

Leon - You mow those grass skirts!!!!! :wink: :wink:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:13 pm

Everyone seems to forget that last year at the winter convention in Florida it was warmer back home in Wisconsin by 15 degrees.
We also do not have hurricanes, sand storms or drought.
We know what real cheese and beer is.
Lonestar is not beer and American cheese is not cheese nor is valveeta.
We don't put BBQ sauce on a brat. We drink from bubblers.
Our whitetail deer weigh more than 45 lbs. and you can't catch Muskies in Texas. We don't close our schools because we think it might snow.
I thought Texas boys were tough. Guess not. Bunch of wimps if they can't venture a little north. I guess Becker is the exception but then again he grew up in New York state. :-)

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:52 pm

Don't be too tough on them Mike. Texas is so big that while one is getting frost bite in northern Texas some one else is gettin Sun Burn in south Texas.
Besides I would not want to get caught out in a storm in either Texas or Wisconsin in spite of the fact that I am one of those crazy Sauna, then roll in the snow "Square Heads".
I spent a couple of winters in Alaska. There was a small Military cold weather testing instalation at Northway Alaska near us. Couldn't keep steady below -30 so they flew the gear to Lake Saranac NY to complete the tests. All the Equip we installed was export packed in water proof wooden boxes. It was stored under Tarps outside. We had to locate and open the right box. It wasn't too bad because we dressed for the cold.
Coldest I have been in was -58 on New Years Eve 1962 in Fairbanks. Raced dogs at Tok Junction. They had a spectator race one Sat. The musher was a passenger in the sled and they auctioned off to be the musher. I never sweated so much in my life and at 30. 40 below.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:00 pm

Code: Select all

After February you can post and see all of the pictures you want.
OK we will wait. We like pictures. That's why we buy those books. I belive IHC made all the tractors they made and 501 is out there. But why folks who archive info have not made a current picture when they see 501 is my question. As for me I cannot afford a camera let alone a trip North. A poor man has poor ways.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:18 pm

OK you guys of means go here and get ready to go. Mr Willer is already ahead of you.
http://www.travelandusa.com/toy_haulers.htm
Young man for work, old man for advice

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:19 pm

Boy I think I hit a cord here :!: 8) Way 8)

Ok, I've lived in Maine where the weather in the winter is very harsh, I've lived in South Carolina where the weather in the summer is nice, I've lived in Northern California where the weather is nice most of the time but a snow fall can be as much as 8', I've worked in Madison Wisconsin in February on a tower 1,000' in the air. I now live in Texas by choice and I'm not a wimp :!: If you want us to attend your function then I would suggest using honey and not vinegar.

As Cub lovers we would like to see a recent picture of 501 that's it :!: I for one am a man of means by no means but will gladly trudge through the tundra to be able to post a picture of 501 for the rest of the board members to enjoy and wouldn't use 501 as a carrot to get people to attend :!: not 8)

Jim,
This guy is lecturing us on BBQ and he desn't even know what to do with cole slaw :lol: :lol: 8)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:24 pm

BTW,

It's velveeta not valveeta :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Valveeta would be Nordic 8)

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:56 am

Donny,
Any event you go to has a carrot. Cub 501 is not the carrot. Compared to the other stuff at the convention Cub 501 is small potatoes. It looks just like any other early Cub with a few differences. The IH-McCormick collection is the Carrot. Tom Thayer's Truck collection is the Carrot.
The vendors are the carrot.
The truth of the matter is the Winter Convention will be the next time the tractor will be out and about to take a picture of it. The tractor is used every week and looks like it.
Nothing pretty. Do I not use enough :-) for you? I am not the one that brought up going to Wisconsin in the winter. :-)
This is all fun and games.
I doubt that even 10 people from this list will even attend the Winter
Convention and most people on this list are not even members of IHCC.
We are trying to have a little fun here.
I have no objection of having the Texas chapter hosting the 2006 Convention. Are you a member of the Texas Chapter? The dates are open. What will your carrot be? :-)

Trying to keep it light,
Mike

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:20 pm

I would toss out this idea to those who may be teetering on going to the IH winter convention. You get to meet people like Guy Fay, Kenneth Updike, Darrel Darst, Dennis Miesner, ect. ect. that you converse with on the net in person.

Another "carrot" that will be featured is an auction of items from the IH archives. Here's your chance to buy a piece of IH history and probably get a price much lower than Guy or me had to pay.

And for those die hard holdouts.......our own special brew "Reaper Red" Beer can be bought there.
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:12 pm

Ken,

I hope to make it to a convention one of these years. I joined the IHCC 3-4 years ago. Last time I checked, there were 12 members in the state of Mississippi. I wish there was enough localized interest, say, in the north, where a state chapter could be organized. Maybe one day. :roll:

Oh yeah, thanks for the rotary popcorn. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:52 pm

I for one am a man of means by no means

OK.....I'll say it! :lol: :lol:

KING of tha ROAD!! :D :D

P.S. I've been snowed on already! :twisted: :shock: :roll:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:49 pm

Mike:

Sorry, I can't resist. Best post in a long time!!!

We also do not have hurricanes, sand storms or drought.

Sounds like Northern Ontario :!: :!: :D
We know what real cheese and beer is.

Definitely Timmins in Northern Ontario :!: :!: :D
Lonestar is not beer and American cheese is not cheese nor is valveeta.

Nothing like a good Gouda or even better a top notch Emmentaller :!: :D
We don't put BBQ sauce on a brat.

Only thing that goes on a brat is Senf :!: :!: :D Course it has to be a real bratwurst and not that imitation stuff.....
Our whitetail deer weigh more than 45 lbs.

Don't have many deer in Northern Ontario, but our deer here in New Brunswick weigh a much much more than that :!: :!: :D Course then you need to see our MOOSE :!:
and you can't catch Muskies in Texas.

We toss 3 and 4 pound Northerns back to grow up, 2 lb walleye is a small lunch and Muskies are a light supper in Northern Ontario :!: :!: :D
We don't close our schools because we think it might snow.

Sure don't in Northern Ontario either - gotta be at least -60F before we let them take the bus :!: :D And here in New Brunswick, ifn we get a foot of snow overnight, that is called a flurry :!: :!: :D
I thought Texas boys were tough. Guess not. Bunch of wimps if they can't venture a little north. I guess Becker is the exception but then again he grew up in New York state.

For summer vacation we go NORTH ! -- Inuvik, Alert, Baffin Island. NOW THAT IS TOUGH :!: :D :D

Sure wish I could make it to Swissconsin for the IH FunFair, but that will be a number of years off in the future ifn I can con my wife into it! I think Bill and Agnes Darr have conned Em into maybe going to Cub-arama next year though!

George... Bill says hi and they are on their way home. They popped in for coffee today...
Last edited by Rudi on Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:32 pm

Mike Schmudlach wrote:
Are you a member of the Texas Chapter?

Well Mike the answer is no I'm not. I happen to be a member of Chapter 14. I have contacted (by e-mail) the Texas Chapter (#25) several months ago and have recieved no reply. (They must know me). :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for keeping things light, may I remind you who fired the first shot.
I thought Texas boys were tough. Guess not. Bunch of wimps if they can't venture a little north. I guess Becker is the exception but then again he grew up in New York state.

Wisconsin is a great place and I'm sorry if I offended you by asking:
who wants to go to Wisconsin in the Winter

I was just having a little fun and did not resort to name calling.

I will attend the Convention if I can work it into my travels. 8)

Return to “Farmall Cub”