This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cast Iron Carbs

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Cast Iron Carbs

Postby Harold R » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:41 am

I've seen a few pictures of carb kits for the Zenith models that came on the Super C. I've stripped my Super C carb down to just the base and the top. All of the brass nozzles and jets survived, but the float is full of holes. The steel choke and throttle baffles are rusted beyond use as well as their respective shafts. I'm wondering what all comes in the kit. I think the pictures they use are generic, and contents may vary from carb to carb. I haven't seen any with the baffles, just the shafts. Maybe Ken at C&G should be called! 8) I have removed an unbelievable amount of rust and gunk from this carb......even took the cast iron base and top for a swin in the electrolysis tank.....which made them look right nice. :lol: With the right parts...this one survives.
Last edited by Harold R on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Cast Iron Carbs

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:28 pm

Harold, I have no experience with this place, but you could give them a try.

http://www.thecarburetorstore.com/
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Harold, I have the butterflies [ used ones ] as I have a few that have broken flanges they are off a Super A but should work
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:55 pm

David, I'd be interested in the butterflies, let me know what you want for one of each.

Don, that is an interesting site. Not too bad a price for a replacement carb. However, I didn't see any floats available, and they too, use the same generic photo for all their carb kits. I think my best bet is to call C&G. I'm sure they will have the kit and could tell me what all that comes with it. The float, I may have to get somewhere else. I've seen them on Yesterday's Tractor site.

pappy43
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pappy43 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:59 pm

steiner tractor seems to have floats and kits for just about everything ,i put one of their kits in an H worked real well

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”