This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub A Rama

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:52 am

"I think Bill and Agnes Darr have conned Em into maybe going to Cub-arama next year though"!

Hey Rudi,

Better make reservations at the Madison Inn NOW or else you will be residing in the Longhorn Motel for the weekend :shock: :!:

I really hope you can make it. Ted Klunder did not make it this year due to last minute issues with his job. He told Jamie that he will clear his calendar for next year and will definitely be in attendance :!:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:31 am

My Dad and I stayed in Farmington. The drive isn't bad, maybe 20 mins. Plenty of restuarants. I like Ryan's.......but I'm a Mega-bar kinda guy perhaps. The Days Inn is in a good location, but I found the beds to be like granite. Some people like that, I'm sure. Maybe I just had a bad room. :cry: :cry:

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:01 am

I stayed at the Days Inn in Farmington when I atttended the first Cub-Arama. I agree, lots more choices and not much of a drive to Fredericktown. I do prefer the Madison Inn....nothing like the "round table" talk at breakfast on the mornings before the show. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:21 am

Cub-Bud wrote:"I think Bill and Agnes Darr have conned Em into maybe going to Cub-arama next year though"!

Hey Rudi,

Better make reservations at the Madison Inn NOW or else you will be residing in the Longhorn Motel for the weekend :shock: :!:

I really hope you can make it. Ted Klunder did not make it this year due to last minute issues with his job. He told Jamie that he will clear his calendar for next year and will definitely be in attendance :!:

Bill made it to CubFest 2004 without Agnes. She stayed behind so she could go to her class reunion.

Ted Klunder made it along with a couple of his Cubs.

I can hardly wait for CubFest 2005 at Bigdog and Janet's place. Maybe even the big Haloween party.

We haven't ruled out Cubarama next year, but it will be a long drive.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:15 pm

Agnes has already told Emilie that the mobile will be open for womenfolk stuff, that way she won't be alone - either of them.

I am really hoping that Em will say yes. I think maybe we should make reservations now also.

Larry, can you give me the contact info for the Madison. The round-table sounds like fun!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:38 pm

Rudi,

Check your PMs for the contact info. 8)

Greg Norman

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:10 pm

Thanks CB :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:14 pm

Reaper Red, Brat, Cool Old IH Stuff, I have made my reservations for this one. I didn't mention the cheese cause the ONLY truly real cheese comes from Denmark, in N. Central Jutland, around Horsens and Aarhus. You have never had real real cheese until you have had that Danish farm made cheese 8) 8) 8) I would be happy to bring a sample with me to Winter Convention, but they might throw me out of the Madison Marriott West. It’s sort of aromatic.

CB, Jim, IO...those rocks in that picture were all cleared off my property with my other Cubs, so I could plant some grass :lol: Actually its a rest area along I-10, close to home called Texas Canyon.

563 has been soaking in all kinds of stuff since I got back home. I have been slowly removing grease and dirt, and soaking all the bolts and nuts. It's a very original tractor that has been well taken care of by Mr. Kendelsparger. As I promised some at Cubarama, I will post a link for those pictures of the decal locations, but later.

Anyone else going to IHCC Winter Convention? I think Mr. Becker will be there. I have made a special note to myself to take a picture of 501. I think I remember a post by someone wanting to see a recent picture of it..But maybe not. Why hasn't someone retired that old Cub :roll: :roll:

BTW BD...my congrats on having that party.

Mike

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

Postby Jersey_cub » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:09 am

:lol: Gentlemen: I am a relatively new member and probably won't go to the winter convention. But what I would like to say is . I thought this forum was about cub tractors not what state we live in [b]Big, Small, cold , warm. beaconlight I did like your comment about square heads, since my wife is also a square head herself, and had never heard that from anyone before me. So I had to read your post to her :lol: :lol: . Well anyway I come from NJ a small state we have four seasons not too warm not too cold, I love it but don't get upset when people mock it. Donny M remember the first shot heard around the world, and you know were that got us :!: I guess thats all I have to say. And I hope I didn't offend anyone. Thats not my intent this is a great forum with great people :D :D
Joe V New Jersey small but mighty :lol: :lol: . And Dynamite comes in small packages :wink: :wink:

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:37 am

I thought this forum was about cub tractors not what state we live in [b]Big, Small, cold , warm

Yeah, but you get a few guys together and tell them to only talk about tractors, it wouldn't last. The conversation will turn to, "where you from", "how much did that cost", "I hate cold weather", "Man is it humid down there!". I participate in a couple of forums, political, business and financial, and let me tell you, this farmall cub forum is by far the most courteous, informing, unselfish and polite forum I visit. That made my decision to go to Cubarama. Glad I did. Nothing but good folks. From all over the country. :lol: :lol:
New Jersey, isn't that the "Garden State"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
By the way, if you ever find yourself in Madison, NJ, I know a good car wash. Does a fine job>

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:46 am

Bill:

Coldest temps I have been in were in Alert NWT. -75F to -85F with wind chills below -100F... :!: Cold enough to freeze the uknowhats offn a brass monkey :!:

I also enjoyed your comment about square heads. Being of German descent (1st generation) square head was a comment I heard many hundreds of times or more growing up. I grew up in a town/city whose primary population was based on European immigrants, Germans, Finns, Ukrainians, Hungarians, Italians, Poles you name it, they all lived there.

We used to say in jest -"do you know why it costs a squarehead 8 bucks to get a haircut?? - 2 bucks a corner :!: :lol: :lol: " Gotta have a sense of humour. It always got a chuckle from the new guys.

I enjoy this good natured bantering. This is the only forum that I have ever been a member of that is like this where no one EVER takes any of the bantering in any kind of negative manner. I have never seen a flame or any other kind of bashing that is so common on most other boards. I belong to the ATIS forum, YTMag Forum and the TractorForum.com boards and unfortunately even the best moderators are having difficulty keeping up with editing out the negative comments, flames and downright insults that seem to occur with frightening regularity.

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:43 pm

Yea..What Rudi said 8)

Hey Rudi,,,what's a flame :?:

mt

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

Postby Jersey_cub » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:40 pm

:lol: Garden state yea :wink: What's a tractor :?:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :{_}: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:46 pm

Rudi wrote: I have never seen a flame or any other kind of bashing that is so common on most other boards. I belong to the ATIS forum, YTMag Forum and the TractorForum.com boards and unfortunately even the best moderators are having difficulty keeping up with editing out the negative comments, flames and downright insults that seem to occur with frightening regularity.
I quit visiting tractorforum.com a few months ago because it got so bad. Instead I now visit redpowermagazine.com, on which the persoanlities who post are quite similiar to the ones here, except they cover then entire range of IH.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”