How to find Louisiana Forum members

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Someone please be so kind to tell a computer and forum dummy how to look up forum members in Louisiana. :?:
Please be patient (as usual) and thanks.

Re: How to find Louisiana Forum members

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:16 pm

Gary,

Read this thread. I think it will give you some insight.

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36809

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Click on "members" and continue until you get to the LA pages. It does help if you list LA before your town as Rudi advices new members to do. If you put your town 1st on your profile then alphabetically your town will be listed instead of your state.
Your profile should say LA, Hammond
If everyone listed it this way you all your neighbors easily. Some people don't even list a state or a town. That's up to them.
There also is a Cub Locator map on this forum. I forget where it is but there is one on this site. Anyone? Want to help on this one?

Chris

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Gary, the best way this works is if everybody lists their location in the state, city format in their profile as has been requested. As it is, if I wanted to searched for members in Louisianna yours would not show up in the alphabetical list with the others from your state since yours is reversed in your profile.

Edit: I see Chris was one step ahead of me. Here is one map http://www.frappr.com/farmallcub/

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:15 pm

Barnyard,
Thanks for the link to the map which is missing the image of the US and Canada. But I added myself and saw my Cub neighbors. Hmmmmm David Bennet used to live in MA and now is in VA. Interesting.

Chris

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Hey Gary; Nice to see you posting. Merry Christmas from Dee and I to You and Johnie and the family :{_}:

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:04 pm

Gary, I just changed mine to the state, city format.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Well.....you could just post AIYEEEEEE. We'll all chime in. :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:14 am

Or try this.

http://www.frappr.com/farmallcub/

Oops! just read the thread above that takes you there. Sorry, guess it did bring it to the top again. :{_}:

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:50 am

Copied from another thread.
Re: Pennsylvania cubbers
by danovercash on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:24 am

I know it seems harsh, but maybe a two letter state ID first in the Location part of the profile should be a requirement for posting on the forum? No one can be found from that infomation alone.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Somebody say AIYEEEEEE? :D

When somebody says AIYEEEEE, there's usually food and music involved! I'm ready!

Joey

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Joey , I heard it too someone said AIYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :big smile: :big smile:

When and where is the next question. :{_}: :{_}: AAIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Here is an easy way to locate another forum member in your state.

First you click on “Members” on the menu in the upper right corner of any page in the forum.

This will take you to the members list.

Next click on “LOCATION” in the heading row.

This will sort all locations in alphabetical order.

Since many members neglect to include their location you will find their location blank.  These names are listed first.  Since there are so many without locations you will encounter over 37 empty pages before finding location.

To speed things up click on “LOCATION” a second time.  This will sort locations in a reverse order.

In this case let’s say we want to find members in Florida.

To move through the list, click on any page number.

Since we know we have a way to go it is best to go to a higher page number.

As you can see you are moving toward the front of the alphabet.

Continue clicking on the page numbers.

As you can see, Florida is listed here. You also see an Ohio listing as well as an Illinois listiing.

This is because the users did not format their location as "State, City" using the two letter state abbreviation first. Someone looking for Ohio or Illinois members will more than likely not find these names very easily.

Some things to remember:

In order for this to work best, members must list their address in the “State, City” format such as PA, Pittsburg or FL, Tampa.  Putting the city first, spelling out the state name, using a period instead of a comma as a state/city separator, or using lower case in the state name will put your address in a different location and make it harder to find you.

The state you are looking for may not show up at the top. Once you are close you can "fine tune your page by scrolling down. 

Depending on your computer settings and members updating their profiles, your pages may look slightly different than shown.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Great job, Mr. Bill !!!

And I love your example. Me & ole Billy Ray in your final screen-shot. WOW !!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks!!

Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:30 am

Me and Gary didn't make the cut! :(