This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

front end loader

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
greybeard
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53154
Circle of Safety: Y

front end loader

Postby greybeard » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:22 am

i am going to look at a woods 42 mower this weekend, the owner said he has a lo-boy with a one armed front end loader, can this loader fit on a reg. cub will probably need some different brackets maybe, how rare is loader and what is going price for one thanks for any info

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Re: front end loader

Postby CTdave » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:36 am

That is an IH 1000 loader! They are not "rare" but they are not super easy to find. If you find one locally you are quite lucky! They fetch a pretty penny too. Generally I have seen them go for around $1700 give or take a few hundred depending on condition.
I have one that I bought locally for $1700. I had it on a regular '57 cub but removed it and installed it on a "59 Lowboy which I bought recently. It will bolt right up to your cub. We can help if you have any other questions!
Dave

You will be amazed at how many things you can do with one.

greybeard wrote:i am going to look at a woods 42 mower this weekend, the owner said he has a lo-boy with a one armed front end loader, can this loader fit on a reg. cub will probably need some different brackets maybe, how rare is loader and what is going price for one thanks for any info
'47 Circle Cub serial # 10xx
'59 lowboy. 1000 loader & fast hitch
'48 Cub, resto w/planter/fertilizer
629 utility wagon
Fast hitch brush hog, plows and landscape rake.
Cultivators, 54a blade

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:00 am

1700-2000 private sale
2600-3000 dealer sale
will fit LoBoy, Reg Cub, Super A, 100, 130,140
Ron

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:20 am

It will fit regular cub, but need different brackets, or the existing ones modified form previous posts I have seen. You might try doing a search for 1000 loader in the forum. also check Rudi's manual server for the manual.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

t jackson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21157

Postby t jackson » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:27 am

they were not made to carry large amounts of weight the cub is only a small machine for small jobs not much weight they are perfect

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:31 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:It will fit regular cub, but need different brackets, or the existing ones modified form previous posts I have seen. You might try doing a search for 1000 loader in the forum. also check Rudi's manual server for the manual.

As originally built, the same brackets are used with all tractors that it was intended for. However, if it was mounted on a Super A/140 with the heavy duty front axle, the front bracket needed to be modified in a way that makes it useless on a Lo-Boy. If mounted on some tractors, like the Lo-Boy, owners often decide to torch off the end of the frame. That ruins the frame for models that require the part that was torched off.

They did come with different length hoses for Cubs vs. the bigger tractors. They also provided a larger dirt bucket for the larger tractors.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:25 am

Pretty sure (after a long story) they use the same holes in the finals as a Lo Boy, so even if they are cut it should fit. Here is one cut on a Lo Boy so it would fit with a fast hitch, should be a 5/8 bolt in that hole.

Do a search and you will find a lot of info.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:03 pm

If unmolested, there are 5 holes. The front 2 are used with the Lo-Boy. The Farmall Cub uses the second of those and one more behind and at the same height as that one. 2 for the 140 are larger and lower with the rear one farther back than any of the ones used on a Cub.

Buzzard Wing's frame appears to be cut just ahead of the second hole for a Farmall Cub.

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Jim has it right
have had three loaders and none cut
if they have been cut like the pic shows you need to make friends with a good welder
Ron

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:37 pm

If mounted properly on a lowboy with a fast hitch, you do not modify (cut off) the rear of the frame arms. I just finished fabricating the proper cross member so the "u" shape fast hitch frame gets eliminated as well as the rear brackets. This is how it would have come from a dealer.
If a lowboy did not have a fast hitch, the mounting is exactly the same as on a regular cub.
I learned all of this recently with the help of Jim & others.

The cross member I fabricated which is needed for the "correct" (or as close as I could get it) installation. I will take some more pictures once I get it in place

629 utility wagon
Cultivators, 54a blade

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:34 pm

Nice work Dave... Looks just like the one on the BIG Cub.

I guess I need re-education from time to time.... the reason I have a Lo Boy in the garage was to put that loader on, but I thought a photo of GW's showed his using the same holes.... after a bit of thought (rare) I figured that just didn't make sense as the wheelbase is so much shorter on a Lo Boy.

Now I am having a time trying to make a plan for both the Cub and the loader...
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:42 pm

Buzzard Wing wrote:Nice work Dave... Looks just like the one on the BIG Cub.

I guess I need re-education from time to time.... the reason I have a Lo Boy in the garage was to put that loader on, but I thought a photo of GW's showed his using the same holes.... after a bit of thought (rare) I figured that just didn't make sense as the wheelbase is so much shorter on a Lo Boy.

Now I am having a time trying to make a plan for both the Cub and the loader...

Larry
I'll get a few photos one it's all back together. I found the lowboy was very rear heavy with the fast hitch & I was poping wheelies all over the place. The loader was a perfect compliment & it rides perfectly with the brush hog, rake or plow on the back.
Georges does use the stock holes. The only thing different is that his (and now mine) use the cross bar for the front of the fast hitch instead of the "U" shaped one which would require cutting off the frame arms to make room for the mounts.
I think you will like the loader on the lowboy!
Dave
629 utility wagon
Cultivators, 54a blade

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:16 pm

I am finishing up the fast hitch now and it is a lot of weight! Guess I shouldn't have been so quick to sell off the second set of front weights that were on it. I probably will not put the loader on it (Cecil may have me talked into selling it to him, but haven't made a decision yet) since I found the a standard Cub with a loader and a fast hitch (with the right cross piece).

Of course the down side is that it will be a lot harder to mow with stuff hanging off the front and back. But I may spend some time (or a couple of years??) painting it and the loader before I 'retire' Rufus from frontier duty.

Enjoy it!