This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3 Position Light Switch question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cityofc
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06067

3 Position Light Switch question

Postby cityofc » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:58 pm

I have a 1955 Farmall Cub with a 3 position Delco Remy light switch and a voltage regulator. The 3 positions are Off, Dim, and Bright. The switch does not work, it looks like the contacts are worn out inside of it. It has a built in fuse and a dimmer coil and hooks up to the ammeter, headlight, and tailight. I tried to find an OEM replacement switch for the tractor, but several of the places I called do not carry an OEM one. Does anyone know the part number or where can I find a switch that will work in its place? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:13 pm

cityofc:

First, let me say welcome to the Greatest Forum on the Net and to the Cub Family :!: :D

Second, might I suggest that you read New Members and Visitors, Please READ. The Cub FAQ's are filled with a lot of really good general knowledge and the Cub Info has some good trouble shooting tips. The Best of H.L. Chauvin puts a humourous yet very helpful tone to fixing your Cub. The Won't Start articles will be really helpful. Also, the Cub Manual Server has lots of info to assist you as well.

The Manual Server has the TC-37 group of part manuals and of course a lot of the Service Manuals.

You are not likely to find an NOS switch, so I would suggest that you contact Chown Tractor Parts, JP Tractor Salvage or TM Tractor Parts. All three are great to deal with and I am sure that all three have the desired part.

Thirdly, might I again suggest that you visit Binder Books, and order these manuals:
Owner's Manual
TC-37F Parts Manual
GSS-1411 Service Manual.

These three manuals will be the best investment that you can make as a new Cub owner.

Again, Welcome to the Cub Family :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

cityofc
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06067

Thanks!

Postby cityofc » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:18 pm

Rudi,
Thanks for the reply. I will be sure to check out the links you mention. Thanks for welcoming me to the group.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:42 pm

cityofc:

Nice to have you aboard :!: :D

Just did a little looking. If you go to this page : Page 26, then the part number is listed there. This is for tractors with the serial numbers of 210000 and down which would include yours.

This part # 371 464 R91 is Switch Assy, Lighting Units A and B, Tractors with Voltage Regulator. I think this is the part that you need.

The exploded diagrams are on Page 25
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:14 pm

I believe I remember somone posting that a 4 position was all that was available now, with the 4th position being for the tail light rather than charging control as was the cas on the earlier ones.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”