This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 54 Blades - model vs model?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Cub 54 Blades - model vs model?

Postby Rudi » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:32 am

George and all who have one or both of these blades:

It seems that the blades that Gord and I have are the Cub-54 Leveling and Grader Blade 1949 to 1952 version.

I have the complete blade except for the one rod which I can fabricate quite easily if I can get the measurements. The part that I need is the Front Lifting Rod - part # 650 136 R2, and the Rear Lifting Rod - part # 650 135 R1. I need the overall length, and the length of the bent portions. They appear to be straight 90 degree bends, so if someone would be good enough to mark up the part illustrated on Page 13 of the McCormick Deering Leveling and Grader Blade and send it to me, I would be very very grateful! I am assuming that these parts are identical to the 1949 to 1952 version, I hope :!:

Also, in my desire to get what I wanted, I had the lifting arm assembly for the Cub-54 Leveling and Grader Blade 1953 and since version fabricated, as well as the spacer blocks etc.

Obviously, I still have a few parts to make if I want to convert it entirely to the later model. However, I have a feeling that with the parts I have already had fabricated, including the substitute draw bar, that I might be able to get the best of both worlds so to speak.

Question 1 is: Can I use the lifting bar pictured below (angle iron with another piece of angle iron welded to it that is hooked to the front lifting rod, then to the tool bar rod and then to the front lifting bars) along with the lifting arm assemble from the 1953 and since version :?:

Question 2 is. What are the major differences between the pre 53 and the post 53? Is the performance similar? I do understand that the lifting arm assembly has been beefed up a lot, and I am hoping to use this.

If I cannot use the parts I have, then I will need to have a few extra parts made (hope not). I want to be able to have both these blades up and operational ASAP as the snow is due pretty soon!

Thanks guys :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BILL T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

BLADE PARTS

Postby BILL T. » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:53 pm

IF I WAS YOU I WOULD JUST GIVE TOM AT TM TRACTOR A CALL AND HE CAN SELL YOU ANY PART YOU NEED FOR YOUR BLADE. I HAVE DEALT WITH HIM AND HE IS VERY HELPFUL, BESIDES THAT HIS PARTS BOLT RIGHT ON AND THEY ARE NOT EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU GET. :D

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:25 pm

Bill:

Yup, I know that. Deal with Tom as much as I can. However, by the time I get the part here I may as well buy another Cub WITH A BLADE! That is why I have to make a lot of what I need. Shipping, Customs, taxes and border fees usually are many times the value of the part purchased :shock: :? :roll: :? :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”