This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Boy, am I a sucker sometimes.

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Re: Boy, am I a sucker sometimes.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:38 am

Funny this topic should come up again...I kind of let it go but thought of it this morning before I read these new replies. His friend said that he would replace the sheep that they slaughtered. I really don't like taking time from work for court issues so I'll take up his friend's offer to get me replacement lambs. Hampshires are the good meat sheep so I at least expect him to get me replacement sheep that are known for their meat not their wool. Just shaking my head at this...what a couple of weasels. :?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

56cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15057
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 56cub » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:07 pm

it sounds like he was lying to big time but there probabl yisn't much you can do now.

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:11 pm

56cub wrote:it sounds like he was lying to big time but there probabl yisn't much you can do now.

He's one of those smiling liars. Full of charm and full of you no what...
:?
His neighbor has a huge farm and can't stand him. Wish I knew that before.

TaylorLambert
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub, YM3000 Yanmar, 1975 3550 Ford backhoe Case Skid steers, and a fence row BF Moline

Postby TaylorLambert » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:39 pm

I got into a similar situation not too long ago with a scrap man. I have alot of Valuables around my shop cultivator feet, shanks, coulters, pumps and motors lol. Well I had done a demolition job on a burnt out building and got a set of forks, a hydraulic pump and a radiator/oil cooler off an old lift truck, and 5 ton central unit that was nearly new. I had already brought my excavator home, and unloaded the machine and had set off the forks and the central unit. I was about to go back for the skid steer when a man pulled up to the shop. I stopped and the man told me that he was interested in the unit, I told him I had plans for it replacing mine on the house. But I shot him a fair price of 350 dollars with a garauntee. He told me he was a scrap dealer in the next town. Then he mentioned the forks and the Rad and the aluminum housed pump. I told him they werent for sale as I had project for them. I waited fo him to leave and then I went after the loader. When I came back the unit was gone and both forks and my rad and pump. I called the Sheriffs dept and after 1/2 hour they showed up we went to the location and sure enough my my stuff was in his front door. The Deputy told me since I didnt have a bill of sale or numbers wasnt anything he could do. It was a hard lick to swallow ,especially when i couldnt get the officer to acknowlege the same tire tread was with a chunk missing was in the dirt in front of the shop. I did get my forks back I had a friend that shared a fence with the same man, the forks and the pump was sitting on a pallet and we slid them back ender the fence. My best feeling was the other day when he had 400 tons of scrap on the ground he gave 12 cents for then the bottom fell out to under 4 cents. A man never gets ahead when he does wrong.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”