This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another newbie wanting cub

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93313

Another newbie wanting cub

Postby dakcub » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:59 pm

My name is Robert I live in Bakersfield CA. Here is my tractor story. A local Goodwill had this Ford 9N sitting out there and my friend told me about it. I was bitten by the bug. My son made a deal with them and we draggged it home for me for fathers day. It had been rolled and was pretty smashed up. No wiring, radiator smashed. popped gas tank, my friend said we could get it running in no time. Well we tore it apart and rewired it, new radiator, checked the fluids, did all the adjustments to the distribtor and new plugs. Guess what it fired right up. But then I saw the Cub and to be honest I want it instead. So the ford has to go. It runs great but to restore it would require more than I want to do to have a parade tractor. See it here with my son cruising it for the first time. http://vimeo.com/1566293 Where I live in Kern county it's oil & farm country. So I put out some feelers. What I want is something I can take apart and clean and paint and just have fun with. It will reside in my garage with my factory hot rod 2003 Dakota R/T. Last of mopars 5.9 lt 360's. My 2007 Harley 883 Custom. And my 1983 Honda express 2. I can't wait to trade off and become a cub owner. The Ford is for sale and I will let it go for what I have in it.....and it's not much. I am divorced and find that tractors fit my life really well. They purr and thay don't complain. My great friends like to come over and just work on stuff together and shoot the bull.

Robert

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Another newbie wanting cub

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Robert,

Enjoy your quest for a Cub. You will enjoy the hunt AND the Cub. Weclome to a great community of fine folks.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Miss Farmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30102
eBay ID: staasee
Tractors Owned: no Cub : (

Postby Miss Farmall » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:25 pm

They purr and thay don't complain<<<< hey watch it! :lol: Welcome & I am sure you can post your ford in the for sale section of this forum very easily and also find you a cub as well.
Just call me coconut... Blonde on the inside!
I'd suggest you just stop talking and walk away lest I forget I was raised to be a lady.

dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93313

Postby dakcub » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:01 pm

Miss Farmall wrote:They purr and thay don't complain<<<< hey watch it! :lol: Welcome & I am sure you can post your ford in the for sale section of this forum very easily and also find you a cub as well.

I already have several friends who want it.....the hard part is the search for the cub....sorry about the purr comment..

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Welcome from Bakersfield, MO. :D :D :D

Hope you find the Cub you want. They are a lot of fun. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:30 pm

Welcome to the Forum!!
Good Luck with your search, keep at it, you'll find one.

red56turbo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52742
Tractors Owned: Check out my signature!

Postby red56turbo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:58 pm

Welcome Robert. You find alot of knowledge here.

Red56
Tractors in the stable: '62 560D Cub Cadets in the stable: 782D, 1572 SGT, 1772 SGT, 1782 SGT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”