Chats

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Do you use the same log in to the chat that you do for the regular forum? I have tried several time's but it keeps telling me that nothing is register.
Thanks
Jeff

Re: Chats

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:26 pm

Jeff, I don't have to log in to the chat room. I just click on the link and it lets me in.

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:21 pm

If you will log yourself into the forum THEN hit the Chat link at upper right hand corner of page it will take you in and you do not have to re-enter your info.

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Jeff when bumped out, i have to back all the way out, and push the chat button once again. i HAVE NEVER been able to enter the user name id stuff when promtped and get in.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:38 am

Say I just want to get into just the chat area w/o logging in it won't let me log in. I know about that you can click on the word chat then get in. I didn't know if anyone else was having problems
Jeff

Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:33 am

Jeff:

The Chat Room is available only to registered members of the forum. Just like posting, to post you must log in. To access the chats you must log in. So, before hitting the chat link, you need to log it.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:35 am

I do not log out of the forum, and bookmarked the chat room. I can use the bookmark to get in, or the link on the forum either one.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:14 pm

Jeff,

To use the chat room:

1. You must have an active forum account.
2. You must be logged into the forum (use the "keep me logged in" option to be able to access the chat from a book mark.)

The chat room authenticates members by using the forum's user database. This keeps out the trouble makers and spambots that love to access chat rooms :wink:

Dennis

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:25 am

don't think I have tried to log in seperately from the forum. will try and let cha know what i get.....

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Get on the chat, save it in your favorites, later if you want to be on the chat just bring up your favorites and click on chat. You still have to log in with your user name and password but you don't have to go through the board.