This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Remington 17 error

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Remington 17 error

Postby grumpy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:06 pm

Boy I even feel more like an idiot than usual. Had a friend give me the info on the 17 fireball and like an idiot I posted the info as if I knew what I was talking about. :oops: :oops: After looking into buying a box of these I found out they are NOT the .17 hmr. They are the remington 17 which is a whole nother ballgame. These are centerfire cartridges. :cry: :cry: I shoulda known better but usually somebody here corrects me when I err. This time I hadda do it myself. :big embarrased: :big embarrased: :big embarrased: Sorry for any mis-information from the peanut gallery. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Smiley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13357
Tractors Owned: 154 Lo boy
Allis Chalmers B
IH 350 utility
Case 580 backhoe
Massey Ferg 399 4wd
Farmall A
Have had several other antique tractors including a Fordson with Trackson conversion.

Re: Remington 17 error

Postby Smiley » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Just as a point of interest about the 17, I used to work for the Remington research dept building prototypes, high end customs, snipers, experimental, etc, etc. Occasionally if things were slow, I'd go load test shells for the 40x target rifles. Now, as for what this has to do with the Rem 17. When things were really slow one time, I made up several "Wildcat loads" and mounted them on a board. The two most memorable ones were, a 458 mag case necked down with a 17 cal. bullet and titled "for flies at very long range" and a .222 case necked up with a 500 grain 458 slug and titled "For elephants at very close range" I don't know how many cases I split before getting it up to the 458. Unfortunately, I let someone take the board to a show and it never came home.
Smiley
smiley - upstate NY --- Git r done
Learned fixin and tinkerin from my Father and scavenging from my buddies grandfather, who could go to the dump with a half load and come back with a full one

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby grumpy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:30 am

Smiley said; "458 mag case necked down with a 17 cal. bullet and titled "for flies at very long range"

Sounds more like ya could nueter em at a long range. Would love to see that set up. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:14 am

A bit off topic here but relevant to the subject, Kroil has been found to be an excellent bore cleaner, rust proofer and bore conditioner. Does not remove copper fouling but removes powder fouling better than Hoppes.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”