This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Putting oil in the truck

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Putting oil in the truck

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:39 pm

About 35 years ago my Father in Law used to have an old 6 cylinder chevy truck that was noted for using oil. He was always warning the rest of the family to make sure it had oil in it. One day 2 of my wifes sisters (about 15 or 16, yes you could get a license at 15 in Ark.) decided to take the truck into Newport about 20 miles away. About half way there the truck died and wouldn't start. Remembering their Dad's warnings they looked, and sure enough, no sign of oil. They walked a mile round trip to a little country store/gas station and purchased 3 quarts of oil and put it in the truck. Still wouldn't start, and couldn't see any sign of oil. another trip to the station. Same results. Finally after 4 or 5 trips to the station the engine was full of oil to the filler cap, but still wouldn't start. They then caught a ride home with a neighbor. My FIL was busy in the fields, so he just called a local mechanic to see about the truck. Neither one mentioned the oil to their Dad. The mechanic towed the truck in and put new points in it, and then started it.

When the crank started spinning and the pistons rushing up and down in the crankcase completely full of oil it got interesting. It pushed the oil filler cap off, the breather on the side of the crankcase off, the pcv valve out, and blew oil up through the distributer bushing and knocked the distributor cap off. Shop was quite a mess, but FIL said he never had to worry about the old truck rusting.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am laughing at the thought of what the mechanic's reaction may have been. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:26 pm

Lord amighty. I busted a gut laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:51 pm

That's the best story I have heard today. :D :D :D :D
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Return to “Off Topic”