This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

beekeeping

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

beekeeping

Postby daddydip » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:26 pm

does anyone else here keep a hive or have an apiary set up. with the different things that the bees are facing from the latest hive collapse disorder to varroa and the rest. i'd like to know if anyone else here on the forum had or haves working hives. it would be good if we could share experiences and what's going on around the country with each other dealing with what's going on . right now i only have the one hive, which i collected around 50lbs of honey from this yr. in the past i've maintained two small yards of three hives apiece which i've used to pollinate local orchards. i've got a full regiment of equipment from a 6 frame extractor,wax decappers,separator etc.etc. also a bunch of deep and honey supers. i plan on ordering a queen next year to start a nuc to begin my second hive. great pollinators for the fruit trees and the garden. :?: :arrow: :idea:
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Re: beekeeping

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:02 pm

I know there are a few of us that keep Bees