This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SA fan assembly

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

SA fan assembly

Postby mikeintn » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Ok the first one of these I've had apart, looking at the book its the one that the book says comes on Cub and SC, I was going to order the gaskets for it but before I do I want to make sure its good, I dont see what keeps oil from going out the back where the spindle goes though the hub, I see 3 grooves cut in the back of the spindle and one inside the bearing that slides over the spindle, but the book dont show any seals, sooo it looks like the oil could go between the spindle and hub, I sure that I'm looking at it wrong, so what am I'm missing?
Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: SA fan assembly

Postby Daniel H. » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm not sure how it works, but there is no seal at the back. The fan doesn't hold much oil, be sure you follow the manual when you refill it.

The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”