This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wind Turbine Construction On Our Farm (With Pictures)

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:24 am

Sonny!
I sincerely appreciate the information that you have provided, the current changes in the energy industry have made alternate sources more appealing. I have sat in a few meetings with several vendors of wind turbines and I do have many questions about this type of generation. You have answered a few of my questions through the posts. Another question... How far is your house to the nearest turbine and can you actually hear them humming?
Thanks!
John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:06 pm

The nearest turbine to the house at new acres gardens, is 1'500 feet. The hum of the transformers can only be heard a few feet away.
The blades in the wind makes a soft woosh sound that is hard to hear because of the noise of the wind itself.
In our area we have a very low hanging jet stream, which is very loud itself!--Before the turbines were built it sounded like a bunch of F-15's coming in when there was not a plane in the sky!
The blades will be running full speed when at ground level, the wind feels "dead calm"----That's why they had to mount sensors on the crane boom and give the top workers hand held units to keep check on changing conditions up on the top of the turbine towers!

I will try to answer all questions possible, so ask away!!! thanks; sonny

rickguns
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub "Baby Cub"
Ford 3000
Kubota MX 5100

Re: Wind Turbine Construction On Our Farm (With Pictures)

Postby rickguns » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 am

Wave of the future!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”