This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Differences in hitches,

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
countershaft
10+ Years
10+ Years

Differences in hitches,

Postby countershaft » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:24 am

Who has pictures and explainations to show the difference in, 1) a quick hitch, 2) a 3pt. hitch, 3) a fast hitch, and a one point hitch. I'm only familar with the draw bar hook-up for pull hitches. It's hard to get impliments with the pull hitch setup, but also confussing when asked about these other types. What's the best way to go ???

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:46 am

Fast hitch and one point are the same on cub. Three point hitch can be made, but limits use of heaver implements. Quick hitch (snap coupler) is AC's hitching system, I think. See pictures of fast hitch on link below. Also view various hitches on Rudi's manuals site. Maybe someone can give links for three point hitches.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:38 pm

The link below shows the 1-Point fast hitch.

Ralph
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:05 pm

If you go to http://www.worksaver.com you will find pictures and / or diagrams for 3 point hitches. There is even a picture of a quick hitch. The terms fast hitch, or 1 point hitch mean the same thing as far as a cub goes. IH also had a 2 point fast hitch used on larger tractors.

Single point or fast hitches are no longer in production but there are a lot of implements for this hitch still around.

3 point hitches were not original to the cub but as you can see, Worksaver makes a conversion kit to add one to the cub. There are lots of implements still produced today for the 3 point hitch as it is essentially the standard for all compact tractors today. The problem there is that pto driven implements will not work with the cub pto and non-pto implements must be chosed carefully so that you do not overload the cubs abilities.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”