This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ohh the Agony!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ohh the Agony!!

Postby ScottyG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:46 pm

Well, I've been busy getting together parts for a workable grader blade. After sand blasting each part and primering I had all of my parts/pieces sitting on the tool bench to dry. I've got Henry's generator at the doctor's getting new insides and the hood is off lying on the floor. Yep, sure enough, one of the support brackets fell off the bench, landed on Henry's hood and put three big gouges in him. The neighbors heard a few choice words I can tell you. I had to scrape off one side of my brandy new decals and sand down the scrapes and dings. Primering in 30 degree weather doesn't work so well :evil: .

Anyone have any advice on how to do spot repairs without them looking like spot repairs? I used rattle cans to restore the tractor.
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Bondo, Glazing compound/putty, High-Build primer and a sanding sponge and 3M paint strip cloth worked for me plus a lot of TLC and :{_}:
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:02 pm

I've had to do a few touch ups on Missy (hate to admit in front of Cub-bud I've dinged her a time or 2), and the best I can come up with is to do the smae as with the original painting, multiple thin coats and feathering thme out on the edges.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:51 pm

Well I can tell you one thing. Those mylar decals don't like to come off. I had to scrape them off with a razor blade and then use a compound to get the adhesive off. It still doesn't look right. The only thing I keep telling myself is "you've restored it to use it. You've restored it to use it. You've restored it to use it..." hummmm :roll:
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:08 pm

I know just how you feel :!: My 2 year old grandson took a five cell maglight to my newly painted hood and put many dings and dents in it. It's all better now. :lol: :lol: Use your wifes hair dryer to soften up the decals then they will come right off. 8)

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:35 am

Good tip. I'll remember that one the next time I'm doing this. And yes, I expect there will be a next time.
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”