This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

54-Grader Lifting Arm Measurements

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:41 pm

Donny, you're referring to the plate at the bottom of the 17.5" axle hanger which both cross braces and is the spot that mounts the front axle hanger that supports the plow? Also, the length you gave me on the braces. Is this true linear length, or is this a measurement along the steel? IOW, did you measure the bends, 3.5" each end and then the length of the main shaft? Or, did you measure the overall length?

Bill, do you think it would be easier for me to get my stock cut to length and just weld the sections together or should I attempt to bend to fit? It seems after considering this for the better part of a week or so that welding would be much easier.

And.... anyone else. I'm assuming that I'm going to use Hot rolled flat stock rather than cold rolled flat stock? Or doesn't it matter in this case.
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:04 pm

Scotty,
Yes the flat plate on the bottom front of the hanger is 5/16" thick. The measurements of the braces I gave you is the length along the steel. The measurement really doesn't change that much after bending, near as I can tell. The left one changes more than the right by about a 1/2". The linear length is 21" and 19" from one hole C/L to the next. 8)

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:18 pm

Cold will do. The Trick is to get the bend area a good cherry red and beat it with a heavy hammer to get tight bends. If you do it too cold you will get a sweep instead of a bend.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”