This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Meet Ol' Snort!

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Meet Ol' Snort!

Postby Super A » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:57 am

Super A's and Cubs will always be my favorite. But, for a long time, I have "lusted after" a big IH tractor in the 66 or 56 series. Recently, a friend sent me a link to a Farmall 856 for sale about 2 hrs. away from me. Come to find out, it belonged to a friend of mine! He had told me about buying the tractor a year or year and a half ago. After talking it over with my wife, we decided that if I ever wanted to own such a tractor, this was the time. We want to build a house of our own and start a family before too much longer and I am smart enough to know there won't be time and money for many "toys" afterwards.... :roll:

It's a 1969 856. Has nearly a full rack of front suitcase weights, and a set of dual wheels with worn out tires. The TA works and it'll light right off, even at 25 degrees all it took was a little help from a battery booster to start it up. Has the 540 and 1000RPM PTO shafts. Sheet metal is very straight. I'm gonna use it, and hopefully restore it too. I have never been much on naming tractors, but I have to say just looking at it that "Ol Snort" really seems to fit.

I went to see my friend and pay for the tractor this past Saturday. I hauled the duals home on my trailer, another friend is going to haul the 856 home for me later this week. Can't wait! :{_}:

This is why I put my 450 in the for sale ad's a couple weeks ago. I just can't justify keeping it around with the 856. I hope somebody will give the 450 a good home soon, so I can replenish my savings!

Al

White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Re: Meet Ol' Snort!

Postby cowboy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:02 am

Sweet Super A :D

There ain't no replacement for displacement :{_}:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:58 am

Good going Super A, you have one of the more sought after tractors, both for people still working them and restoring them. Kind of the way people were about H and M a few years back.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 am

Spent a few hours on one of those growing up. They are as mean as they look! You're gonna love it!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

knucklebuster
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71968

Postby knucklebuster » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:38 pm

that is a great looking old war horse!
BILL

pharmerphil3
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06468
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub
1961 Cub
1963 Cub
1964 Cub Cadet 70
1969 Cub Cadet 125
100 Spreader
144 Cultivator
3 Field Cultivator
22 Sickle Mower
193 Plow
54-Plow
59 Wood's Mower
2030 John Deere

Postby pharmerphil3 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Impressive looking behemoth good luck with Ol' Snort; as for being out of cash when the kids come you hit that right on the head! Buy now because you won’t be buying later! :mrgreen: :lol:

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”