This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

You Just Never Know.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

You Just Never Know.

Postby Harold R » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:11 pm

Sorry for the length, but it's a good story.

I mentioned a few weeks ago about my Dad finding a pair of "H's" on a local farm. Fix one, have the other was the deal. Well, today I had a chance to go out there as see what my Dad had found. :( The H that the owner wanted to keep needed quit a bit of work. The carb was sheared off at the manifold, all tires needed to be replaced, and nothing was there to charge the batt. (alt or gen). The owner didn't frequent the barn that much, and we suspected that parts had been robbed over the years. The tractor that was to be given him was not much worse, but would need even more money to get it going. The owner didn't farm the place, just ended up with it through inheiritance. So, what he thought he had wasn't quite what he really had. I told my Dad I thought there were better deals out there somewhere. As we agreed, and headed back to the truck, a man pulls up and inquires what we are doing on the farm. Turns out, he's the actual farmer of the place. When we told him we talked to the owner about the tractors, he laughed, and came to the same conclusion we did.
Then he said, " I know yall probb-lee aint intrested, but I have got a little farmall down in my barn I'd like to get rid of. :shock: :shock:
Cub? I said. Yeah, ole cub. So off we go to his barn. :shock: :shock:
Yellow and white, SN was greasy, but guess was mid '60's. All there, wheel weights on all 4 good tires. Runs fair, needs carb kit. Has about 50 gallon tank on back with PTO driven sprayer. Needs a wash job and tune-up. :D :D 1K My Dad said forget the "H's". We pick-up tomorrow. :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:36 pm

Good for you :!: another Cub in the family :!: :!: :!:
Harold you're a lucky man to have your dad involved 8) 8) 8) way 8)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:55 pm

Sounds like a dela to me. Enjoy working with your Dad while you can, sure wish mine was still around to talk to.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:36 pm

Harold: Sounds like your plan to become less involved with tractors for a year or so has changed. Good move, you will never regret the hours which you and your dad spend together on the Cub. It will also be good therapy for your dad, helping him overcome the grief from the loss of his wife. Dan

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:46 pm

Hey Harold,

My dad attended the Cub-Arama with me last year and got bit by the cub bug. We found a cub for him and I helped him get it ready for this year's Cub-Arama. He is really proud of that tractor. He now has a second cub that we will work on and have ready for next year. You two get busy working on that tractor and have it ready for next year.

We'll see you at the show :!: :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Harold R » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:33 pm

Sounds like your plan to become less involved with tractors for a year or so has changed

Well, my own cubs have been neglected. I have to pace myself. The new job starts in Feb. My kids are at the age where it leaves little time for tinkering as well. But, I sneak in the shop every now and then.

My dad attended the Cub-Arama with me last year and got bit by the cub bug

Dad came with me this year, although we could only stay Saturday. He too got bit.

Enjoy working with your Dad while you can, sure wish mine was still around to talk to.

You're right, and I will. Just wish I could take back those teenage years when he tried to tell me, but no. I already knew it all. :oops:

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Harold R » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:54 pm

A few pics of my Dad's cub.

And the H we looked at.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:55 pm

Hey Harold,

There is a lot of potential in that cub...can't wait to see it in Fredericktown next year. :!: :wink:

Did you happen to get the rest of the toolbars/cultivators with the tractor :?:

I think I would have taken him up on the free tractor (H) offer. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:02 pm

Wow. Looks to be a great DEAL for 1k :!: Never looked into a sprayer pump for the Cub and its ccw rotation. Now I know............
Ron

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:18 pm

Harold:

Wow, nice aquisition your Dad made. That yaller Cub has real possibilities.

I too am very interested in that sprayer setup. As you know, that is one of the projects I am working on.

Some closeup pics and stuff would certainly be appreciated!

Tell your Dad - Well Done. He got a good deal on the Cub.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Harold R » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:44 pm

I think I would have taken him up on the free tractor (H) offer.

We thought it over. My Dad's place is not that big, plus, he would at times be working on it by himself. Looked like the parts would be too heavy to handle without a hoist, or another person. The cub made more sense. But it was tempting.

Did you happen to get the rest of the toolbars/cultivators with the tractor

No, just that front tool bar, plus all that sprayer stuff. That's all that was with the tractor. I've already relieved Dad of the sprayer unit.
Some closeup pics and stuff would certainly be appreciated

I'll get some for those interested. It looks mostly had made, but not a bad job.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:34 am

It's been a long time since I had any dealings with them, but I believe the roller pumps we used for spraying brush killer (multiflora rose bushes) would work running either direction, though they were designed for low rpms.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Harold R » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:50 am

I believe the roller pumps we used for spraying brush killer (multiflora rose bushes) would work running either direction, though they were designed for low rpms.

That's exactly what the P.O. used it for. Drove down a fence line at half throttle in 2nd gear spraying weed killer around the farm perimeter.
He said it really put out the pressure. Used a garden hose nozzle with a medium spray pattern. I'll have to check on the "omni" directional pump.

Straylight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Straylight » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:30 am

Youngmeister?

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Harold R » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:01 pm

Yep! Spelled a little differently though.

Return to “Farmall Cub”