This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3rd. Try for brake bands

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

3rd. Try for brake bands

Postby EZ » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:29 pm

Just ordered another set of brake bands for '67 Loboy. These ones will be coming from OEM Tractor Parts. Hopefully they will be the ones I install. The other 2 sets are on the way back to the vendors. Both excellent vendors, just ended up with a bad product.

Anyone ever order the bands from OEM?
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:40 pm

EZ I suspect that most if not all vendors including Case IH are getting products from the same or similar sources nowadays. I doubt that anything like brake bands is produced in the states.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:26 am

EZ:

I just got a quote from Friction Plus - $63.25/band.

Is that in line?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:35 am

Rudi wrote:EZ:

I just got a quote from Friction Plus - $63.25/band.

Is that in line?

Cub brake bands in OEM catalog are

Part# 358753R21=$21.00

Part# 350967R21=$35.00

Picture shows band with rod.
Then came Bronson

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:13 am

Rudi,

$63.25 is quite a bit more. I paid $50 for a new band.
Thanks for checking that out. I called a few places in T. Bay etc..
Nobody will give any kind of price without seeing what I have. That's living in the bush for you.

The set from OEM are $23.50US, which works out to $28.04Cdn. not including duty, shipping etc...

The guy told me that the bands will be riveted, and of good quality, i.e. no complaints concerning fit have come to his attention. OEM prides itself on product that is "American Made" according to it's web site. They seem to be well respected on Ebay as well, but like any business I'm sure they have a share of complaints as well.

Hoping for a good fit!
Just Do It !

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Brake bands

Postby Clark Thompson » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:26 am

I also have had quite alot of trouble with aftermarket brake bands. The 2 problems I have been having is either the lineing comes off the band or the rod brakes right at where its spot welded to the band. I have come to the conclusion that the aftermarket bands are very poor quality so what I have been doing is getting the brake bands relined.It cost about $25.00 a band. they are relined with quality linings just like the originals. The place I send them to is in Erie Pa. I dont have the address handy but if anyone wants it just e-mail me at tractorman453657@yahoo.com. i would be glad to give the address.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:22 pm

Biggy,

You were right, most are getting the bands from the same place.
I just got my bands fro OEM, guess what?
They are the same glued on bands that I just sent back to my Canadian supplier. Same tags and all. Plus, they don't fit either!

What is going on?

Is anyone out there doing new brakes on thier Cubs? I keep trying to tell these people making them, "the metal they are using for the band is TOO THICK!!" It's almost double the thickness of the originals, and there is hardly any give to them, there has to be "some" flex so they can work as intended for the design.

I was assured by the Sales guy, "we do not glue our bands" "we try to stay true to the original" "rivets always" "no complaints of any of our brakes for Cubs" " none have ever come back".

I really don't know what to do now, all I can hope for now is to contact someone who has restored/refurbished alot of Cubs, and has experience with doing brakes, and can provide a supplier.

Short of that I guess I could try getting the drums turned down abit by a machinist 'til I get a good fit.

Unhappy Cubber
Just Do It !

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:29 pm

:idea: Hey EZ, Maybe you should talk to this person. This ad is on this sites home page classifieds.

New Replacement Brake Bands For Cub, Cub Lo-Boy11/17/04 04:36NoDetailAsk your local Farm Equipment dealer or large independent service center about this new brake band offered by Hy Capacity. Part number HH350967 these brake bands can be purchase individually for around $30 each
Then came Bronson

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:01 am

Johnbron,

Thanks, I just them an email.
I also went to the web page, the only brakes they show are the ones with the rod attached. That would be OK for my '49.
My '67 Loboy has the type with no rod attached.

I'll bet a dollar they get them from OEM :shock:
Just Do It !

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:52 am

I have been seeing a lot of posts on different websites about replacement parts not fitting, both on trucks, old tractor, as well as newer tractors, also coming from Ford, JD, etc. Most of the reports I've seen regard parts mnaufactured off shore. Apparenly somewhere along the line the parts aren't manufactured to correct specs. Whether it is the off shore manufacturer, or the person sending the specs being careless. I think the companies then just put the parts in stock without verifying whether ot not they will actually fit.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet

Brake Bands

Postby Bill V in Md » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:11 pm

EZ,

A while back I bought a couple of new brake bands from the local IH dealer in Frederick, Maryland (H.B. Duvall, Inc.). I have not installed them yet, but they are definitely riveted, and the band is 0.08" thick. The box indicates CNH (Case New Holland) original parts. The part no. is 350967R22 (not 21 as is listed in my parts catalog). They come with the rod attached. There is no other information to indicate who actually manufactures these parts for CNH.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:08 pm

Bill V,

Yeah, those are the ones for the older Cubs. The first set I bought was from Case/IH. They were riveted, but they were "too small". My dealer confirms that they are an aftermarket made for CNH. I sure wish they were a little bigger, the quality is there. I hope you have better luck than me.
Just Do It !

Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Buggyscott » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:29 am

Just put a set of bands I got from JP's on my '49. Had to hold my mouth just right and do a little pushing but they sort of went right in. Still got a little to do till My Missey is ready to go but all indications look good. I will say this about JP's, service is exceptional and parts, both new and used have meet or exceded expectations. Also got some parts from TM, they did great also. Seems to pay to support people who advertise on this board.
Got a Cub and a good team of horses, nothing else I need or want except maybe another Cub and some more equipment!

Return to “Farmall Cub”